Got in car accident on Saturday.

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

GAS
Crew
Crew

Got in car accident on Saturday.

Post by GAS »

I’m ok, unfortunately can’t say it about my truck :cry: . I took a hit right to the driver’s door rubber molding. Now I need new driver’s door (or a lot of bodywork) and, of course, paint job.
I wonna ask you - are there somebody who faces door-changing problem, I have a few question: does Blazer’s or Crew Cab’s doors has same sizes with ExtCab’s doors? How much new doors cost? And the main thing - does those procedure needs to weld anything? I don’t take welding on my vehicles! May be I should better find a really good «tin man» and rebuild the old one?
Any opinions will be gratefully taken.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Sorry to here about the accident. I am pretty certain doors are different sizes for Blazers,Crews and ExtCabs. If the door hinges on the frame are ok there is no welding involved. but a couple of tools are needed to get the door off.As for prices you are again going to be in the same boat for parts you usually are. Here in the states we can easily hit E-Bay, local yards and after market manufacturers for that kind of part ,out pricing may be way off what you will find over there. I would suggest you check with a couple of places for estimates on repair vs replacement and see what they say.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

I realize perfectly clear that I could never get any part (incl. door) by US price. Now I have local prices from $1000 to $1850 per new door. Just want to know where the truth is or at least how much I’ll overpay the real price. May be I wasting my and your time, but I wanting to operate the numbers in talks with insurance company if they calculate me wrong.
As I know, the new door must be in black “transportation” primer that needs to be removed before paintwork, does it? It’s possible to order used door at $700-900 – may be its wiser decision. :roll: Just paint it in my color and that’s it. Mine is 7 years old has no rust at all, I think it has some Zink coating or something like that.
Does not need welding if hinges are ok – I like it. :D Thanks.
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

There isn't a difference in the front doors. Blazer, S10, Crewcab, Ext Cab... they're all the same. They might have different trim levels, but the door itself is the same.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

I thought so.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

The door size info is good to know.
Thanks Jigg
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Mine ExtCab’s door is about 46 1/3” wide on the lock level. And yours?
Donnie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

door

Post by Donnie »

Check with S10 Warehouse,
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: door

Post by HenryJ »

Donnie wrote:Check with S10 Warehouse,
Do they ship overseas?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Donnie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

s10 warehouse

Post by Donnie »

Just checked, lower 48 only, but hey, if you had a friend buy they could ship for you..
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: s10 warehouse

Post by HenryJ »

Donnie wrote:.... if you had a friend buy they could ship for you..
Best check out what is required to ship to Russia and actually get it through customs first. Canada can be difficult , I can not imagine the hoops to send to Russia.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

Guys, I really appreciate your help, but I think you understood me wrong. I did not mean to make a crazy attempt of buying any part in US or Canada or even ask anybody to do that. :!: My body was in the US this august on Sturgis HOG ride (he is the HOG member) and he told me how hard is to transport anything “suspicious” on the transcontinental flights.
I just want you to suggest me some aftermarket doors manufacturer sites. I already got a lot of info from you and this site. Now I wouldn’t mind know how does aftermarket door looks, does it already has its half of the hinge welded etc.
If somebody interesting in local prices check out this site (prices shown in rubles $1=24.90 rub) link't long url-HJ
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

Is your inner structure damaged? If it's not ,you may get away with just replacing the door skin. This takes a specialized tool and a little experience but would probably save you a lot of money in shipping.
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

I knew about that way of repair. Moreover, since my door inner structure is ok I could use it, but the main thing for me is not to save couple dollars, it’s to do everything right. I like my truck and want to drive it further. Thanks for advice anyway. :D
Now all I’m worry about is one thing – does aftermarket doors delivers with half of hinge as one piece or does it not. That’s it. If it does – I’ll buy a new door (f**k the price), if not – my choice is to buy used one.
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

As a body man, aftermarket parts suck, at least most of the time. They don't fit 90% of the time. They won't come with the hinges either. Finding an aftermarket whole door assembly is next to impossible anyway. Used (LKQ) parts are fine, they will most likely come with the other half of the hinge too. You just need to check them for door dings and other damage. The thing to remember is used is OEM, just used.
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

The whole picture is getting clear. :?: Thank you.