ZR2 Lift question

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

T Man
Crew
Crew

ZR2 Lift question

Post by T Man »

Where does the front lift on the zr2's come from? I know the rear is from rear drop mouns for the leafs, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the front lift comes from.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

the frame is taller for one. its a totally different frame. wider and not boxed.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steventruck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Steventruck »

My ZR2 frame is boxed.

The lift comes from lowered mounting points for the suspension. The front diff/axle housing is dropped, along with the lower A arm mounting points. The A arms are longer as are the CV axles. The spindles are different. The front mounting points for the rear leafs are 3" lower. All of these suspension modifications would lift the truck up about 1.5-2" if the truck was sitting on the rotors... but the lift allows larger tires for a total of 3-4" of lift.

Steve
[size=75]1999 ZR2 regular cab Chevy pick-up, trip computer, Knaffle lift shackles, Warn M8000, Leer topper, Blazer power seats, Leather steering wheel with radio controls... Basically comfort features for a leasurely off-road jaunt.[/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

great, thats exactally what I was wanting. Thanks for the quick responses. Ive been looking for the zr2 height for my crew. Ive had several z trucks in my shop, and glancing over them I couldnt tell for the life of me what got the lift out of the front. THank you