Squeaking Noise

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Squeaking Noise

Post by Joseph »

I just back from the dealer. The squeaking noise that I've been hearing is coming from the rear springs. So, the dealer has order new ones it will take a few days. I'm pleased that they found it. JH68
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Squeaking Noise

Post by Conman »

Joseph wrote:I just back from the dealer. The squeaking noise that I've been hearing is coming from the rear springs. So, the dealer has order new ones it will take a few days. I'm pleased that they found it. JH68

Let me know if that works as my springs squeak also. I would figure they would only try to lube them, but if they do replace them, if you can fax me the work order, I can take it to them and show them also and I can get rid of my squeak. thanks.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Jim

Re: Squeaking Noise

Post by Jim »

Joseph wrote:I just back from the dealer. The squeaking noise that I've been hearing is coming from the rear springs. So, the dealer has order new ones it will take a few days. I'm pleased that they found it. JH68

My squeak was the parking brake cables in the looms...slight squeak when you put your knee on the rear bumper :roll:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

eh..its a truck, things squeak. Get an exhaust and You won't hear them anymore :lol:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

my springs deformed. and the dealer replaced them. it was obvious. the passenger side springs were not level with the ground. take a close look and see if you can see differences between the two sides. also, it could be the spare. also, i had a sqeak once, it was the bracket that held my gas tank sheild on. but you dont have one so nevermind that one
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]