Front Door Molding Bowing

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

wthitchner

Front Door Molding Bowing

Post by wthitchner »

The outside door molding at the base of the window on the front doors is bowing up. It seems to happen due to temperature changes overnight. The molding seems to snap onto the door without adhesive. I can push it back down but it's annoying me. Should I glue it in place or is there something else I should try? Maybe I can have it replaced under warranty. The back doors do not have a problem.

Thanks!
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

Mine has a slight bow on the rear corner but, not to bad yet. JH68
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Front Door Molding Bowing

Post by HenryJ »

wthitchner wrote:The outside door molding at the base of the window on the front doors is bowing up. It seems to happen due to temperature changes overnight. The molding seems to snap onto the door without adhesive. I can push it back down but it's annoying me. Should I glue it in place or is there something else I should try?
They do seem to grow in the heat. Mine did the same thing, the dealers fix is to glue them down with weatherstrip adhesive. They will replace them if, you ask them to.

Mine were a bit long, so I trimmed them a bit a then slipped them back under the mirror.

The dealer glued mine down (warranty) but I don't feel that they allowed enough room at the rear. Kind of a sloppy job, but I'm a little on the picky side ;)

IMO, do it yourself and test fit them a few times , trimming the front to allow just under 1/8" clearance at the rear. Then glue them down.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
wthitchner

Door Molding

Post by wthitchner »

Thanks for the advice!
SlickDaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SlickDaddy »

I had the same problem on my 99 S10. The bottom trim snaps into place and after rolling the window up and down so many times, the snaps, snap. Anyway the dealer will replace them as long as you are still under warranty.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i like this pic :D

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:roflmao:

Is that the bottom trim?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]