Interior Rattling

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interior Rattling

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Does anybody else have this problem? It drives me nuts when I have the radio down. Seems like its mainly that middle console piece. And then a few in the dash.

I just think it almost makes the truck sound cheap. Thats just me though. Just wanted to know if maybe my truck was just falling apart. lol
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You're driving GM's bottom line rig. It is crappy but, we do the best we can.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

yup rattles and squeaks the key is just to never turn down that radio again
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I have had many S-10s and every summer I will start at the dash and work my way to the rear and tighten every screw or nut I can find. Once I had a rattle in that back of our 85 Blazer I couldn't find, We went on a long trip and took our 10yr niece with us, When we got in the Blazer I put a $5 bill on center arm rest and told it it was hers if she found that rattle, about 40 min later she handed me a screw that was inside the rear spin around ash tray that we never used. It was well worth the $5 bucks.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I can't stand this one rattle that I have coming from the passenger side piller. It drives me nuts! lol
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Mine is super tight no rattles, I got rid of that junky console and upgraded a bit. The stock console is poorly fastend. Also all the trim has been removed and has either foil faced foam or dinomat spray glued to it. You cant even hear the power window motors.

Last edited by Jim on Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Well I am glad I am not the only one. lol. Well, everybody except Jim.

I figured the S10/Sonoma dash looked solid. I wasn't expecting that many rattles. And your right Jim, that middle console isn't installed well at all.
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

They all squeak. There are only about four screws that hold the middle console to the floor if memory serves me right. Under the rubber liner up front and below the storage bin. Remove all the screws and go to Home Depot, Lowes or such and get enough rubber washers, they are in the bins with the sliding drawers, for each mounting point. Place a dab of silicone between the mounting point on the floor and the rubber washer and another between the gasket and the console mounting points. screw the whole thing together. That should take care most of the squeak. Tighen the hinge screws on the lid will help too. Your other option is to drive leaning heavy on the arm rest of the middle console. Good luck!
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

my door panels rattle more than anything else. my 95 has hardly any rattles in it.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

24digger wrote:my door panels rattle more than anything else. my 95 has hardly any rattles in it.
Solution: Remove them, install foam weatherstrip with one side sticky tape around the edges on the back side of the panel.
http://www.frostking.com/windoorweather.php
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Adhesive backed Velcro also works.

Use the loop side, not the hook side, and place it between the plastic pieces that are squeaking. :wink:

Steve
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Thanks I'll give those a try.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The fuzzy velcro works pretty good. I buy it at the local fabric store.
You can buy it by the inch or roll.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Buy a TOYOTA! All your sqeaks will disappear..
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

border man wrote:Buy a TOYOTA! All your sqeaks will disappear..
Along with your american pride
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

T Man wrote:

haha

reminds me of a buddies bumper sticker.

"lost your job yet?.. keep buying foreign."
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

I've noticed some rattles lately too. Mine seems to be coming from the doors in the mirror areas, and somewhere in the vacinity of behind my glove box.
I just turn the radio louder...lol.

How about..."Keep buying foreign, and where will your kids work?"
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

CrashNburn wrote:
T Man wrote:

haha

reminds me of a buddies bumper sticker.

"lost your job yet?.. keep buying foreign."
American trucks are made in Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Toyotas and Nissans made here in the USA. :?:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

theres a Honda plant about 4hrs from here LoL.
[size=75]I hold Wrench, you turn truck!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

CrashNburn wrote:theres a Honda plant about 4hrs from here LoL.
Might help to have a 'here listed in your profile in case, you may want to trail ride or have someone help you with a project :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

does it matter where here is??
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

CrashNburn wrote:does it matter where here is??
Yes it does! I met a good former Honda mechanic on here that was an hour away and we helped each other install our BLs. Became friends and actually gave him my kit to install on his rig until he had funds to buy one. We then put it on mine about six months later. Internet paranoia is a good thing the majority of the time but, there are exceptions! They're many current and past forum members that are welcome to call me in the middle of the night to come help them out or bail them out of jail. 8)
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

haha.. bail you outta jail eh...

the difference between a friend and a best friend

friend- bails you outta jail
best friend - is sitting there beside you , laughing about "how much fun you had".. HAHA

(i put in my province and country.!!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

What he's telling you is True
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

s### BAD... that was hillarious!!! thanks for the link..