Power Window Problems

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Tony
Crew
Crew

Power Window Problems

Post by Tony »

I've had this problem since probably 20-30k and I'm stupid for not getting it warrantied out.

The problem: The drivers window goes up and down fine but I get loud pops from inside the door and it sounds like metal being torqued or a rod of some sort. Usually does it 3/4 of the way up or when the window seats in the door and the door panel pops out. It can do it at any time.

Occasionally, the window won't go up at all or it will go super slow, usually if I wait or punch the door it moves fine again.

My passenger door makes the same sound but no where near as loud and only does it as the window goes up.

Whats the problem?
[size=75]-Tony
[b]2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab SLS[/b] | 4.3L 262ci 90º V6; Hydra Matic 4L60E |
0 mods getting it back to factory shape then modding.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Mine has always popped, but has always gone up and down fine. Good luck.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Your window motor needs to be replaced. My window use to just stop moving whenever it felt like it. Dealership fixed it a couple months ago under warranty. The popping noise is probably due to it being out of alignment or the window motor gears slipping.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Mine Pops Also But Works Fine......... For Now :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

Mine pops too. My uncle who works at a dealer in the body shop fixed my tweaked door when I fell asleep and put my cc in a ditch a year and a half ago. Noticed when putting the weather stripping on the bottom of the window that the out side shell of the door was incorrectly welded. There is supposed to be a lip for the mold to snap over and hold it down. When I roll up the window the molding went with it. He said that is probably the reason the window "POPS" because everything is not where it should be. Everything mounted to the shell is a little lower than normal. No way to fix it unless i get a new door or shell. He used some heavy duty auto body glue in the channel of the molding and slid it down over the door. it has held so far. now the passenger side is starting to do it.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
Tony
Crew
Crew

Post by Tony »

So the popping and the window motor are two separate problems?

How come when I hit the door the window rolls up? And how come its only once and a while? What will fix the popping?

It seems like the QC on these trucks suck.
[size=75]-Tony
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Hitting the door joggles the wiring in the window motor and switch. Hitting the door will work for a while, but the condition will slowly worsen to the point that no matter how many times you hit the door in a row that it just will not work anymore. :wink: And Yes, the popping is probably related to a seperate issue of something being out of alignment. :shrug:
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

My van did this about a year ago. The track channel was wore out, bought one off ebay and replaced works fine now.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

My Bravada did that. The window mechanism was loose on the door. I drilled out the loose rivets and bolted it fast, works smooth and quiet now.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Tony
Crew
Crew

Post by Tony »

It seems like it could be many things.

Should I just take the door panel off and look?
[size=75]-Tony
Tony
Crew
Crew

Post by Tony »

Bump.
[size=75]-Tony
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Yes. Go ahead and take the panel off to see if anything came loose. What would it hurt? At the most, your window will either pop or not pop when you get everything back together. However, leave the window switch hooked up once you get the panel off so you can run the window up and down to find out where it is binding.