4.3L S10(190) vs Silverado(200)

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

4.3L S10(190) vs Silverado(200)

Post by Joseph »

I was on the Chevrolet web site. I saw that the Silverado and the Express van 4.3L gets 200hp ours have 190hp. So what do their engines get that ours don't? I'm wondering can we get 200hp like theirs?
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

A different computer for the most part.... not much else at all worth mentioning.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Probably have more room to put in a better exhaust header and other stuff also.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

Doesn't the Silverado have larger exhaust from the cat back as well? I can't remember seeing a v-6 Silverado in the last few years :lol:
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

My Chevy dealer has 3 Silverado's with V-6 one standard cab and two in the ext. cab all 3 are work truck models. They also have a few with V-6 in the LS models. I quess they figure with gas prices the way they are people might want one. JH68
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

hell, I'm not paying any more for gas consumption as I was before. I'm getting just about the same milege per gallon as I did with my S10. AND I've got the 5.3 liter V8.

Just the larger tank hurts more to fill with prices. Around here, I'm paying between $1.49 to $1.67 depending on the week.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

$1.49-$1.67? That's it? It's still $1.94 here...some places still as high as $1.99. You've got it pretty easy.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

3 weeks ago it a high of $1.83 for regular unleaded. Ever since it's been going down. Now, it's sitting on $1.57. JH68
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be complaining....lol .... it still hurts though...lol
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

There's nothing wrong complaining about gas prices. It's just weird how gas prices keep going up and down. I'll still think their taking advantage of the public. Oh, well. JH68
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

They totally are. There was a report on the local news here yesterday that said the wholesale price of gas has gone down $0.40 in the last month while the posted price has only gone down $0.01. It's total profit-taking and using current events to manipulate the prices.

Almost makes me want to buy an electric car. :x But that wouldn't be as much fun off-road. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by christian »

"They totally are. There was a report on the local news here yesterday that said the wholesale price of gas has gone down $0.40 in the last month while the posted price has only gone down $0.01. It's total profit-taking and using current events to manipulate the prices.

Almost makes me want to buy an electric car. But that wouldn't be as much fun off-road. "

No it would't be that fun in the mud :wink:

Christian

2002 S-10 crewcab Ls
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

christian wrote:Almost makes me want to buy an electric car. But that wouldn't be as much fun off-road. "

No it would't be that fun in the mud
Don't totally discount the idea of an electric offroad vehicle.

Electric motors have huge amounts of torque available instantly! I think it could work very well for offroad, especially crawling.

Seems like I saw a 4x4 Suburban hybrid somewhere :?:

The biggest hang up right now is the energy storage. There are lots of ideas out there, but no real good answer yet.

Given time , inspiration ,innovation and technology will come up with something...I hope.

You're right though the mud probably wouldn't work as well...too heavy and too slow.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

And it would be very difficult to live without the nice rumble of a good performance exhaust too. 8)
[size=75]Mark
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

At my last job over 9 years ago. They had a towmotor (forklift or lift truck). That was electric it moved pretty fast. I've seen a car on t.v. that though the qtr. mile it was 2 seconds slow then the gas power car. JH68
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

yea but i bet no eletric or hybrid is gonna tow my trailer any time soon