Cracked Bumper

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Cracked Bumper

Post by doughboy5499 »

Is their a way to fix a cracked fiberglass bumper without being really noticeable. I thought about some fiberglass bondo on the inside but then I would still be able to see the crack on the outside. I had a snow pile at the end of my driveway and I wanted to level it some. I hit the pile with the back metal bumper first. I was sitting in the road and a car was coming so I gunned it and hit it with the front and it cracked the bumper cover right in front of the drivers side tire on the bottom. Will post pic later.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The front valance is made of ABS, so fiberglass is not an option. It is just not flexible enough. Some body shops have plastic welders that might repair the part. You could use a plastic patch and some Waterweld on the back side. That may leave the crack showing pretty bad though?

Replacement is the best option. A search should reveal some options. S10warehouse on ebay comes to mind, as does LMC.

If you want to do some creative trimming, a couple people have trimmed them down to improve the approach angle. I thought they looked pretty good.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK