Exterior door mirrors

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

1337vending
Crew
Crew

Exterior door mirrors

Post by 1337vending »

So I wake up this morning and find that some :x :twisted: has hit my driver's side door mirror. Not quite sure what they did, but they cracked the mirror glass pretty good and mangled the plastic...

Now my question...I looked on gmpartsdirect.com for a replacement and they list 3 different RPOs for the 2003 S-10.
D44 ($66), DD0($219), and DK2($81).

Checked the glove box and it has RPO DK2 listed which is this one 15105941

Does that look like the right part/right RPO. I don't think the power heated mirrors were an option or anything, but I don't want to end up buying a non-matching mirror.

Thanks in advance...
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

D44 ($66) Mirror , outside , color
DD0 ($219) Mirrors, outside, remote control, electric heated , light sensitive
DK2 ($81) Mirror, outside , remote control, electric, heated , color

I would guess you chose the right one.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Thanks for the great info as usual HenryJ! This really is the best forum period. 8)

Do you know what 'color' means? Does that mean that the mirror housing is a paintable surface? The one I have right now is black plastic...
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I do not know what that means. I am pretty sure any of them would have to be painted to match if the mirrors are color matched.
My bet would be on black :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

The mirrors right now are not color matched so that works for me. Thanks for the info! I'll order the DK2 on monday and let you know what that actually means when I get it...

Future mods:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

check here E B A Y
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

None on ebay that I saw. He does have a good point though. Aftermarket replacements are available at a signifigant discount.
My local salvage yard can sell me a new replacement mirror assembly cheaper than they can sell me the OEM used ones in the yard.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

$57.99 at Rockauto.com and their shipping is reasonable without the outrageous S&H that GMParts Direct charges.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

f9k9 wrote:$57.99 at Rockauto.com and their shipping is reasonable without the outrageous S&H that GMParts Direct charges.
Thanks for the advice! I forgot about rockauto since I usually look for part numbers. Looks like PN 15193317 is the one I'm looking for (heated power remote; black; LH)

I'm just glad its not $200... :D

EDIT: I checked on ebay right now and a used one is selling for as much as a new one from Rockauto. It was worth a shot though... Thanks again everyone!

Future mods:
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Got the new mirror installed this week...I don't think the quality is as good as the original mirror and I'm noticing more road vibration through the mirror compared to the original one on the passenger side. At least it looks right.

Install was a piece of cake, just pull the inside door panel off and unscrew/unplug it from the inside.

Oh well, at least its fixed and I'm not broke! :lol:

Future mods: