Vent stuck on dash vents only

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Vent stuck on dash vents only

Post by ace »

I had my vent set to blow on the floor but it came out on the dash vents. I tried several times to change it to defrost etc. but nothing it still stayed on the dash vents. Anyone else have this problem? Anything I can check?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

There are probably a half dozen posts on this topic. I don't have the links off hand, you might want to do a quick search.

EDIT:
1) This would be a good place to start
2) i was right all along!! ( HVAC problem )
3) Hissing sound from HVAC
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Man, I didn't know my problem was related to this. I just dropped my truck off at the dealer and said it's stuck on the vent mode. It's just barely in warranty. I hope they look up the right tsb and put in the new transfer case vacuum switch though.
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Ok I got my truck back and it's all fixed but i looked at the parts list and I don't see either number for the vacuum switch (old or new). The number I do see that says switch is K4120 and 15098965. Now I have to wonder if the transfer case switch was replaced.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ace wrote:...The number I do see that says switch is K4120 and 15098965. Now I have to wonder if the transfer case switch was replaced.
Gmpartsdirect.com wrote:GM PART # 15098965
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
GM LIST: $105.19
OUR PRICE: $52.59
DESCRIPTION: CONTROL
I'd say it was just the control replaced.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I guess I'll have to take it back and explain that the switch needs to be replaced.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Take the time to check it yourself. It really is easy to pop the lines loose and check for ATF in them.

No fluid , no problem. If there is fluid in there then by all means replace the switch and follow the contamination. The front axle actuator, reservoir, and many other components may be compromised.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I took it back and spoke to the tech. He said that he did replace the switch with the new one. The bulletin calls for the old part but when they access the parts dept. it calls for the new one. He said he might call GM and explain that they need to change it though.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK