TOWING A POP UP CAMPER/TRAVEL TRAILER

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TOWING A POP UP CAMPER/TRAVEL TRAILER

Post by TEXS10 »

Hey does anyone out there tow a pop up camper / travel trailer ? How big and and does it have a hard time pulling it around ? What brand is it ? I have'nt installed my tranny cooler yet, but will be soon.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I have never pulled a pop up camper with my truck but have pulled my boat a few times( 19 ft runabout) It did ok on the flat highways and slight grades but on the windy( curvey) mountain roads it sucked! I had a full tank in my truck and a full tank in my boat (40 gallons) That probably didn't help. I will only pull my boat now with my Van conversion, which kinda sucks for one day fishing trips but it pulls much better. I'm sure your pop up camper weighs about half what my boat weighs but then again it depends on how much stuff you load in it.

Steve M
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Do a search on Towing you and will find alot of answers. Here's a good ONE
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I just got back from a 90 mile tow. We towed my sons new Jetta on a car dolly total weight around 3500. It did real well on the open road in 3rd grar, but merging onto the highway up hill was not fun. I sure wouldn't want to pull that kind of weight every day.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

I tow this rig around a few thousand miles a year. Its about 3,000 pounds on the trailer and another several hundred pounds of stuff in the truck. I would say that is the limits long distance towing. Expecailly if you live in the hill country of Texas.

http://www.ubergobbie.com/phone/media/2 ... 070831.jpg

I've go no performance mods and 3.73 gears.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]