Stock Crew Cab Pics From Four Wheeler Mag

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Stock Crew Cab Pics From Four Wheeler Mag

Post by killian96ss »

Most of you have probably seen these photos from Four Wheeler magazine, but I thought they were kinda cool. 8)

S10 Crew Cab places 5th in Four Wheeler's 2001 4x4 of the year. The reviews weren't so great. :(

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yea...those reviews from that site are mostly BS :P

This is my favorite part of the review:

The S-10 was a decent crawler, however. We were especially glad that Chevy saw fit to offer a decent tire on the S-10. While not as large as we might have liked, the P235/75/R15 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S’s that came on the truck did provide good traction. A larger tire would have been nice but the P235s rubbed at full flex, so fitting a larger tire seems a doubtful exercise.

Who actually takes the Wrangler RT/S seriously as an offroad tire? :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The stock RT/S's are useless off road, especially compared to my MT/R's. :roll:

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I would have rather had those RT/S's than the junky uniroyal 235/70s that were on my truck to begin with! Good thing for Body lifts and Cooper Discoverer S/T's!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

never did consider uniroyal a "tire"!!!! :!:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

In the dry sandy conditions pictured, the stock wranglers probably do pretty well. it's mud and rock and wet pavement that really emphasises their shortcomings.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

The only thing the Wrangler RT/S is good for in my oppinion is dry...level pavement..on a good day.
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Rusty Shackleford wrote:The only thing the Wrangler RT/S is good for in my oppinion is dry...level pavement..on a good day.
Agreed...
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wow, it looks like my truck. has anybody on this board besides me gotten that color of blue yet? i still havent seen another one like mine on the road. those pictures bring back memories.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Retep wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:The only thing the Wrangler RT/S is good for in my oppinion is dry...level pavement..on a good day.
Agreed...
After putting up with them for 40K miles or so, I totally agree. My BFG AT's are a 200% improvement over the RT/S's in all areas as far as I'm concerned. The only drawback is a slight hum, which my wranglers didn't have. But to be honest, I really like the hum. It's not the loud hum of an MT, but you know it's there when the radio is off :D
--Walt
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

My wife rolled her 4Runner onto its side with those piece of crap tires on a wet road and she was pregnant with my son! Thank God they were both OK but got some AT/S's soon after that.
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I still haven't figured why the interier always gets ragged on. I haven't seen any interier to beat it yet. What other make of vehical angles all the center controls toward the driver? What other make puts an "oh sheet" grab bar ont the dash board? What other make makes their grab bars on the roof and everywhere else that can actually withstand a person's weight? They are all idiots that say that stuff. :!:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I do agree with some of their comments. As far as looks go, a bone stock CC looks nothing like a 4x4 in my opinion... And in stock trim, the 4.3 could offer a bit more ooomph, similar to some of the other compact truck V6's offered. But it does lead in torque :D
--Walt
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That goes for about all 4x4's on the market. With all the roll-over regs. Just looks at the 4x4's of the 70's, the stock clearance was awsome, now they all just look like low riders.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]