ZR5 bed rails

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

rick
Crew
Crew

ZR5 bed rails

Post by rick »

I found a set of factory black bed rails and was wondering because of the anglular cut on the base of the rails do the bed rails stand straight up and down or flare out at an angle. Pictures I have seen look like they flare out but hard to tell. I cannot tell the difference between the right or the left.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Bed rail on mine are straight up and down the angled cuts are fit into rubber grommets which match the bed profile. My guess is that they are reversible but not sure.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Mine are at a slight angle, if you look at them facing the rear of the truck. If you drill your own holes, I dont think it would be to hard to get them straight up and down.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

Thanks for the info, I am going to intall them this saturday. I need start marking off where I need to drill.
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

Hey could you possibly tell me where you found those at? the bed rails? i'm looking for nerf bars i wrecked my truck...sort of and i'm looking for a place to find some cheap brushed aluminum nerf bars. Let me know thanks
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

jist1983 wrote:Hey could you possibly tell me where you found those at? the bed rails? i'm looking for nerf bars i wrecked my truck...sort of and i'm looking for a place to find some cheap brushed aluminum nerf bars. Let me know thanks
check Ebay you can find them for about 150 shipped
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

I found the bedrails while searching car-parts.com
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

Thanks.... i couldn't find them on Ebay but i think i might have found them on car-parts.... I have to wait till tomorrow to call ... hope they are right... thanks
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

heres nerf bars on Ebay for 140
Ebay Nerfs
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Interchangeable

Post by jist1983 »

Does any one know if the nerf bars are interchangeable..... I found a used one up in MI and i need the driver side nerf/step bar... and the one they have is damaged but the passenger side one is in great shape... does anyone have any ideas... ??? Let me know thanks
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Interchangeable

Post by F9K9 »

jist1983 wrote:Does any one know if the nerf bars are interchangeable..... I found a used one up in MI and i need the driver side nerf/step bar... and the one they have is damaged but the passenger side one is in great shape... does anyone have any ideas... ??? Let me know thanks
Yes, they are interchangable.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snowsurfer »

I have the stock bed rails from a 2003 crew if interested. Took mine off from day one and put a bed cover instead. Couldn't do both...
RickZRX
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RickZRX »

How the heck do they come off? I poked a finger under the rail & didn't feel a bolt etc... I was thinking about having em powder coated along with the nerf bars assuming I can remove the rubber step plate thingiemagummers without too much arsing about. I'm thinking something like that silver ceramic JetHot look....

& does anyone make a combo bedrail/roll bar/ light bar or am I going to have to break out the welder?
[size=75]Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They have "U" style bolts connecting the tube, which is aluminum so, forget powder coating and 3 bolts for each support connecting the tube and the frame.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...which is aluminum so, forget powder coating...
Any type of metal or alloy can be powder coated. If it can conduct electricity and handle the heat, it can be powder coated.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

RickZRX wrote:
& does anyone make a combo bedrail/roll bar/ light bar or am I going to have to break out the welder?

I love this idea!! I was thinking about tieing in a light bar/roll bar thingy to the rails and putting some huge off road lights up above! I've searched for it but never came up with anything, I think it would have to be a custom job. Let me know if you go about doing this!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There was a bull bar and bed rail mounted tube light bar / roll bar much like that sold in the South American market.

I had the part numbers and actually tried getting them at one point. I ran into nothing but dead ends.

I have seen one picture of a truck in the US with the bed bar.

You should still be able to find them listed in the South American Gm accessories pages.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK