2002 brochure (shields)

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

2002 brochure (shields)

Post by Detailcrew »

HenryJ wrote:... skid plates were never available for the crew cabs. They fit. Just never offered as an option.
Hey Elite, just curious but, you say that skid plates were never an option on the crewcabs, and i understand that they fit our trucks, but I have a broshure from 2002 and it clearly lists the composite skid plates as an option for 4x4 models and it is checked off under crew cabs as an option. Besides that when i bought my truck brand new right off the showoroom floor that was one option that was not on mine and the dealer told me that it WAS an option but they would have to add it since they didnt order mine with them and it would have cost me around $1,000 for them. Just wondering where you get your info..
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Detailcrew wrote:... I have a broshure from 2002 and it clearly lists the composite skid plates as an option for 4x4 models and it is checked off under crew cabs as an option...
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Get us a picture of that brochure! Mine doesn't show them available.
As I said before, I have never heard of one that did come with anything but plastic shields.

Sorry to be the skeptic , but the burden of proof is on you. The majority have not seen that information :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Post by Detailcrew »

I will get that picture of my broshure asap
[size=75]02 Chevy Crew Cab, Gaylord Tonnou cover,Gibson Exhaust,American Racing wheels, K&N filter,billet grille[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thanks! :thumb:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Post by Detailcrew »

No problemo..kinda wierd why i seem to have the only 2002 broshure in the world with this info..lol
[size=75]02 Chevy Crew Cab, Gaylord Tonnou cover,Gibson Exhaust,American Racing wheels, K&N filter,billet grille[/size]
Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Post by Detailcrew »

I do envey your truck elite..I wish i could lift mine just like the pewter colored sonoma on this site..WOW 6" superlift and Vortech supercharger..makes me drool
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not many keep that kind of stuff. I still have the one I picked up when looking for trucks.
I did throw out the Nissan Frontier brochures ;)

I may be a pack-rat , but I kept all the stuff I gathered while researching the purchase.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Detailcrew
Regular
Regular

Post by Detailcrew »

no prob Henry, I plan on taking some pics of my truck this weekend after i detail it, and then i will post them
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I have a brochure for my 2004. I'll check it tonight for the optional skid package. Dosen't Bubbaloo have them for like $600?
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote:Dosen't Bubbaloo have them for like $600?
Perhaps, but the GM shield package was $147 and included all the hardware needed to install all the shields.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by IBSonoma »

Is the GM package still available?
Thanks,
Frank
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

IBSonoma wrote:Is the GM package still available?
Thanks,
Frank
As I understand it, there are no longer availbale.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

IBSonoma wrote:Is the GM package still available?
Thanks,
Frank
No, but the last time I was at my local dealership about 2 weeks ago, the parts guy did a search in CA and came up with at least 3-4 dealerships that still have the shield package in stock. All 4 of them were in southern CA. The one I seem to remember best was in Rancho Cucamonga. I guess the brothers in south central don't do much wheelin. :lol: I would just have your local dealer do a national parts search for part # 12496888. :D

Steve
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

HenryJ wrote:
Detailcrew wrote:... I have a broshure from 2002 and it clearly lists the composite skid plates as an option for 4x4 models and it is checked off under crew cabs as an option...
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Get us a picture of that brochure! Mine doesn't show them available.
As I said before, I have never heard of one that did come with anything but plastic shields.

Sorry to be the skeptic , but the burden of proof is on you. The majority have not seen that information :mg:
Sorry, I can't get a picture worthy of posting. My digital camera just doesn't like to take pictures of black printed paper. My 2002 broshure list the shields as an option as well.
"Shield Package (4x4 only): includes front differential carrier, transfer case, fuel tank and steering linkage composite skid plates" Standard on ZR2 and optional on LS (regular and extended cabs) and Crew Cab.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

shield package for 2002 CC Sonoma

Post by mjmcdowell »

HJ, I have the complete shield package as GM calls it on my CC as I type this have had them since fall of 04 and yes they were listed as an option in the brochure from the dealer for 02, I too saved the brochure. they were listed in small print on pp 16 under options and listed as " shield package underbody includes diferential, transfercase fuel tank and steering linkage shields " (4wd only) steering linkage, diferential are aluiminum, transfer case is composit and fuel tank is steel. Part #12496888,linkage and differential and trans. case were$209. The fuel tank was seperate #12495667 at $109. They haved my under pinnings several times since having them installed. stay safe, mjmcdowell, Oh! on the back of my brochure in the bottom rt. corner is printed "108-02 litho in U. S. A." mjm
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: shield package for 2002 CC Sonoma

Post by HenryJ »

mjmcdowell wrote:HJ, I have the complete shield package as GM calls it ...They haved my under pinnings several times since having them installed.
I have no arguement that there was a shield package available, heck the part number is on the mod page. Just as there was a brush guard, hitch and tent also available. These are dealer or owner installed though.
I am still skeptical that there was ever a factory installed option for the shield package available. I have yet to hear of someone who received a truck with the shield package as a RPO.

Scan a us a photo of the brocheure if you could please.

If yours did come with them, take a photo of the RPO code list :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Shield package for 2002 CC Sonoma

Post by mjmcdowell »

HJ, Sorry, misunderstood, my truck came thru with only the plastic linkage shield, I had the dealer install all others about one into ownership. Were not a factory install before delivery. stay safe, mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If there was a regular production option out there, perhaps there was one crew cab with the shield package?

I'd still like to see the brochure. I'd like to see if it is referring to a GM accessory option like the hitch and tent, or if in fact it was a rarely installed RPO.

Near as I can tell the RPO should be ZM5. All year show that RPO for the S-series.

Most dealers like to order a truck with all the options. They can make more off of a loaded truck than a bare bones model. This is why I am somewhat skeptical. I would think if it was indeed a production option there would be more than a few with factory installed shields.

Question: mjmcdowell, You have a fuel tank shield? And a plastic tank? How's the fit? Do you think a rock could get stuck in there and rub a hole in the tank? Or are the clearances spacious enough to allow them to be washed clear?

Ok, so it was more than one question :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Killian96ss wrote:The one I seem to remember best was in Rancho Cucamonga. I guess the brothers in south central don't do much wheelin
Ranco Cucamonga Isn't quite south central, It's about a 1/2 hour from where I live and I believe single family homes are going for close to a million dollars :shock:
Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Steve2003 wrote:
Killian96ss wrote:The one I seem to remember best was in Rancho Cucamonga. I guess the brothers in south central don't do much wheelin
Ranco Cucamonga Isn't quite south central, It's about a 1/2 hour from where I live and I believe single family homes are going for close to a million dollars :shock:
Steve
Thanks for clearing that up Steve. :oops: I should have known that after watching Next Friday a couple of times. :lol: Obviously I don't get down to Southern California very often, and the last time I did my wifes purse was stolen at a Carls Jr. in East Hollywood. :x

Steve
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Gas tank shield: re. HJ's question

Post by mjmcdowell »

HJ, never thought of that arising, however up here where I live I am not traveling at any high speeds on rough/unimproved roads so as to throw up rocks or debris very hard, mostly slower speeds picking the right line to take so as not to hit anything or get stuck. So unless a stray rock got wedged between the tank and the shield by chance so firmly that over time a hole was worn thru the tank I am not concerned with that. I would probably hear and feel it if that happned and I never leave my truck muddy and uninspected when I return from a trip . I think the clearence between the shield and tank is adequate but I will deffinately take extra care in inspecting the spaces between the shields and underbody components, I always do a quick check underneath as soon as I can after hitting/scraping something when on a trip. Question answred?, stay safe, mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The shield fits ok then? Not too tight on the plastic tank?

Thanks. I was unaware that someone had installed the fuel tank shield on a plastic tank. It is nice to know it is "doo-able" :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Gas tank shield: re. HJ's question

Post by mjmcdowell »

HJ, Ok....... didn't know the gas tank on my 2002 CC was plastic! No matter to me though now that it is better protected, I had the dealer order and install it, I checked it out tho and it seemed to be very well made. No complaints, it's been awhile, over a year and assuming the tech at the dealer knew what they were doing I don't anticapate any problems, still I do inspections after wheeling to make sure all is ok top to bottom. stay safe, mjmcdowell
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Gas tank shield: re. HJ's question

Post by F9K9 »

mjmcdowell wrote:HJ, Ok....... didn't know the gas tank on my 2002 CC was plastic! No matter to me though now that it is better protected, I had the dealer order and install it, I checked it out tho and it seemed to be very well made. No complaints, it's been awhile, over a year and assuming the tech at the dealer knew what they were doing I don't anticapate any problems, still I do inspections after wheeling to make sure all is ok top to bottom. stay safe, mjmcdowell
My '02 is steel. It was made in May '02
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Well I found my 2002 brochure I guess it doesn't say it on it anywhere but I have an 01, and pretty sure an 03 so this must be an 02. It does say that there was a shield package available. When I ordered my truck I either don't remember seeing it or I must have decided I didn't want it. It is there though.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

24digger wrote:Well I found my 2002 brochure ...It does say that there was a shield package available....
HenryJ wrote:I have no arguement that there was a shield package available, heck the part number is on the mod page. Just as there was a brush guard, hitch and tent also available...Scan a us a photo of the brocheure if you could please.
HenryJ wrote:...I'd still like to see the brochure. I'd like to see if it is referring to a GM accessory option like the hitch and tent, or if in fact it was a rarely installed RPO...

- ThunderII KE7CSK