Qamar's glove box

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

I still need help as how to open up 1996 S-10 glove box. I need to fix the HOT FEET problem in my truck once i can open up the glove box.

Any help with pics or instructions will be highly appreciated
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

quickbiker wrote: just small clip thing and hinge it down and watch all the junk in the glove box fall out. :lol:
That's what you get for skipping step 2.
barch97 wrote:
  • 1. open the glove box
    2. remove the contents of the glove box.
    3. feel along the inside of the top edge of the glove box opening. there's a small spring/wire loop on the left of the top inside edge.
    4. press this spring/wire loop up
    5. swing the glove box down and out of the way.
Sorry I didn't get the pic last night. Camera battery is charging. Soon as I get some pants on, the pic will be up.
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Thanks. But i am still worried that your information might not be working on my 1996 Blazer, Automatic, V-6 , vortec engine.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Yeah, they're probably different. The dashboard in general lookas entirely different between the model years. And, really... if you need a picture to find the hook, it's probably not there.
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

No problem. Likewise i told you earlier that you gave your best shot. Thanking you once again for your help. I am trying to search around through some good search engines. Maybe i get some information. If yes will post the same so that others can also get the benefit as and when they need it.
Regards
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Likewise we were guessing that 1996 Blazer might be different then the 2001 and 2002 models. So your pic clearly tells me that in my 1996 Blazer there is no spring or wire sort of thing through which we could open the glove box.
I am trying to get the information, even if i had to go to GM center i will do that, and later on post the same for others.

Regards
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm only guessing here but I suspect there is a similar function in the 1996. Some mechanism that keeps the glove box from tipping out forward. The trouble is, locating it without breaking anything.

Have you checked a chilton or haynes manual?
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

No i have not checked the chilton or haynes manual. I dont have them neither have any clue about them.

I have checked all the corners in my glove box but dont get anything due to which it could be opened up. Maybe in this model the whole of the Dash board had to be taken off :twisted:
IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by IBSonoma »

I also read somewhere that you can put a shut off valve in one of the heater hoses.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

IBSonoma wrote:I also read somewhere that you can put a shut off valve in one of the heater hoses.
You're right and welcome :wave:

That was my solution to the problem - Heater control valve

I have a question for you...did you really visit 7734 , or just find the picture of the 505* Walgreen's sign :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by IBSonoma »

Hello - Hello, thanks for the welcome, long time S10 pilot short time crew cab driver.
Also, thanks for the heater control link, I think that's what I will do.

One of my friends found the Walgreens sign so it's an actual photo.

Take care,
Frank
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Dear Malkivin

You mind in guiding me as how did you opened the glove box of your S-10 1995. I have 1996 model S-10, and can't open the glove box. Have tried twice but could not get to the upper photograph given in this tread.

Will be greatful if you could guide me step by step.
Thanking you in advance
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Qamar

My truck is a 2003 and it had the wire loop I had to disconnect to open it up. Do you have a haynes or chiltons manuel for your truck?
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Well my truck dont have the wire loop, and I dont have the manuals also. Well it is very difficult to reach that part of the glove box wherein one could fix up the hot feet issue in my truck which i have told you that it is 1996 model.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote:Well my truck dont have the wire loop, and I dont have the manuals also...
Post a picture of your open glovebox.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I know that I pulled mine in my '97 and have racked my brains trying to recall the set up :(
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

How to send the pic. I have tried by clicking on the "Img" icon in the reply box, but it is not getting the pictures from the system as it takes in Hotmail and yahoo.

Pl guide me as how to get it done. I can then send you the pic of the glove box.

Regards

[/img]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote:How to send the pic.
Posting images

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

I have tried by following your instruction none of them are working.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Qamar send me the pic in EMAIL and I will post it for you

Jeff024@steelersfan.net
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Jeff

I have mailed you three pics taken just now of my truck glove box. The issue is that i dont find as how to open it so that i can fix hot feet issue.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

pics of Qamars glove box if anyone can help him with his hot feet fix
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Thanks Jeff for pasting them on the concerened page
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no problem Qamar we are all here to help each other out :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks to me like you have a row of screws around the perimeter to pull.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

I have opened all the screws. There is no connection of glove box interior with that. After removing all the screws, one can feel that the glove box cannot be removed at any cost.

I have tried also to have an acess through the relays, as are seen in the pics, but that effort was also fruitless.

It appears i have to live with this for ever. Well thanks God its very hot in my region. 50 dgrees temp during the day time, so at any cost i have to switch on the AC, so the hot feet window closes at once.
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Looks to me like you have to pull those screws out then remove the bolts at the top center of the glove box that are holding the latch in. then that cover will come off leaving just the glove box in. So at that point you should have the whole gove box door off and just the box will still be in there. It may just come out after you get that door and trim ring off. I remember now that is how I pulled my 96 s-10 out.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote:... appears i have to live with this for ever. Well thanks God its very hot in my region...
No, there is always another solution. This is what I have on mine - Heater control valve You can either tap an intake vacuum source under the hood to keep it closed all the time, or opt for a manual valve , like the one I tried in this thread : Heater control valve
There is always more than one way to do things.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Qamar,

Did you remove the metal piece that the door latches to, as well?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rmzl
Regular
Regular

Post by rmzl »

jeff024 wrote:pics of Qamars glove box if anyone can help him with his hot feet fix
Hi Everyone,

I have been batteling with this issue on my 97 blazer ever since I heard of the Hot Feet Fix.

Qamar, don't bother with the glovebox, the fix is written for crewcabs or other models that have the glove box compartment on the lowest part of the dash. The 97 blazer has the glove box right about where the other models have the airbags (correct me if I'm wrong).

Having said that, you have to open the knee bolster under the dash and look for the vacuum hose. That would be another challenge, I have spent a whole day under there with no luck, I could see the actuator, but not the hose to plug.

Anyone can confirm if 97 Blazers can be fixed?
Sorry if this is a crewcab forum, but us Blazer guys jump from forum to forum trying to get whatever help possible from the common parts between blazers and s10s.

Regards.
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

You are right in saying this, The Blazer has the glove box right about where the other models have the airbags.

Well I am trying and will reach at some conclusion. What ever i will get will post the same so that others could also get the benefit.

I really want to thanks all of you for your feedback.
rmzl
Regular
Regular

Post by rmzl »

Qamar,

anything new on the issue?
Since Apr '00 97 Blazer LT - Bilsteins, efan(soon)
Since August '05, 03 Envoy SLT
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Sorry nothing new todate....