Blazer 1996 model, v-6 vortec engine, EGR valve location

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, v-6 vortec engine, EGR valve location

Post by Qamar »

Hi
Can anyone help me with pics and location of the EGR valve in my subject truck.
Thanking in advance
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is the cylindrical solenoid mounted in the front of the intake manifold between the thermostat housing , alternator and the AC compressor.

On your '96 you can get away with making your own plate restrictor. Get two new gaskets, trace the outside and holes to a piece of sheet metal Drill the two mounting holes to a matching diameter. Drill one of the EGR passage holes to 1/2" for the valved side and a 1/8" hole for the other open hole.

This will help to limit the intake deposits while still allowing the EGR system to operate. The system was over engineered by what I have heard to be 70%. This will cut it back to a manageable level.

While you have it off clean it with some carburetor cleaner to remove the carbon deposits, and do the same for the throttle body. Make sure you open the throttle to get the back of the throttle blade too.

The PCM for '96 is really forgiving, so you can get away with quite a bit before setting the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp).

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Wonderful information. Will fix up the things and keep you updated.

Thanking you Henry once again