Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec needs Raditor flush

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Hi Guys

I need to flush out my subject truck raditor. How can i have excess to the raditor drain nut. Do i have to open up the bolts of the plastic protecting plate under the oil filter or there is some other way. (Actually time to change the Coolant).
Secondly i wanted to ask should i use the Dex con coolant only or any other green coolant can also be used. I am asking this as i can see a sticker near the radiotor saying that only use Dex con coolant.

Any help will be highly appreciated
Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'm still waiting for 100k miles. I'm at 68k now. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

So i am going to switch over to green tradational coolant. Will keep an eye on it. Hope this works in the long run as it is doing with you.
Thanks for your feedback and valued information.
Regards
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec, Raditor Flush

Post by Qamar »

I need to change my coolant. For that i have removed the front shield. Could not find the raditor drain nut. Can anyone help out where it is located. Any help with the raditor drain nut pics will be highly appreciated.

Regards
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec, Raditor Flush

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote:...Could not find the raditor drain nut. Can anyone help out where it is located. ...
RH side (passenger side) below the lower radiator hose and transmission cooler line.
It is a draincock and turns counterclockwise as it pulls back. It is not in a very convenient place and can be easily broken with pliers, so be careful.

If you do happen to break the ears off , they are relatively inexpensive and easily replaced. Turn until the pin aligns with the slot and pull straight out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec, thermostate location

Post by Qamar »

Thanks Henry. It was a wonderful information. I have followed your instructions and have flushed the raditor coolant. The Dexcool was like a Dead cool. Now i have replaced it with a Green coolant. I have the plan to get it flushed out on a yearly basis. Its so chap and easy way to do it.
Thanking you once again