I Gotsa Story To Tell

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I Gotsa Story To Tell

Post by Pauleo »

Last night, the wife & I head out to our local WallyWorld. (I picked up some Silverstars!!! :D ) After looking at EVERTYHING on EVERY shelf AND what's behind it, (my wife's usual shopping habits :roll: ) we finally get out to the parking lot & into my CC. It had snowed about an inch while we were in there so the truck was a little covered. She's doing her usual nagging and groaning :rant: about me spending money on the CC & all the stupid little mods that I "feel the need to do." I rolled my window down to wipe the snow of of my side mirror & said, "You know, they make an aftermarket kit that I could buy to give me heated mirrors so I won't have to wipe this snow off all the time! Keep complaining and that'll be the next thing that I'll be askin' for!" (HMMPP! I guess I told her!)

She then politely asks me what those little insignias on the side mirrors are for anyway.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Had heated mirrors all this time and never even knew it.
:!: :!: :!: :!:
I just can't quit shaking my head about my stupidity.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

so that's what that little button is for!!! :lol:
i say the same button on my crewcab,,,,had to read the owners manual to find out what it was!!!!!! 8)
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Don't feel bad, I never bothered with my CD player and couldn't figure out why it would eat my CDs when I realized I had a 6 disc changer :lol:

Still don't know anything about the RDS thingy and the rest of the fratures :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

wish i had a 6 disc changer! :cry:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Hmm I was gonna say dont we all have heated mirrors . I think I have used it maybe 4 times
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Yeah. We all have `em.
I have only two words for myself...

STEW PIDD!

:lol:
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Heated mirrors

Post by mjmcdowell »

Uuuuuh, thats what they give you an owners manual for, just kidding!! I knew that my CC had them but just this week when I wanted to use them some time was spent looking for the switch, I know thats what owners manuals are for, Ha! Ha! stay safe, mjmcdowell
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I knew about the little button but could never understand why my rear window defroster never worked. I thought that was what that button was for! Ok, after reading this thread I feel much better now! :lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Wow...looks like a lot of piping hot bowls of stupid have been consumed lately. :mrgreen: j/k
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i dont have the insignia's on the mirror itself so do i still have them because i have the button??? i know im about to be shamed... :!:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

camelott112 wrote:i dont have the insignia's on the mirror itself so do i still have them because i have the button??? i know im about to be shamed... :!:
Yep...standard feature on all S-10 Crew Cabs. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Wow! I sure am glad I'm not the only one! I saw the button for it but somehow thought that it was for the rear defroster of a Blazer. And since it's the same dash.... well, I'm just glad that I never ripped it apart to use that button for some auxilary lighting or anything! :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

camelott112 wrote:i dont have the insignia's on the mirror itself so do i still have them because i have the button??? i know im about to be shamed... :!:
Push the button, wait a couple of minutes and then touch the mirrors. They actually get quite warm. At least mine do anyway.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

ic i will have to try that im sure ill be able to notice even though it is summer here now and its getting up to about 40 degrees everyday
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Holy cow, 40 degrees is summer for you? I couldn't stand that... But yea, you will be ably to feel it right in the bottom inner corner.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]