Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec engine, automatic, done 84000

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec engine, automatic, done 84000

Post by Qamar »

Hi Guys

I have recently purchased the subject truck & i am new to the forum also. Well shall be greatful if someone can help me out with the following points in my truck:

1) I hear the gurggling sound of water from the passenger side. For that i have checked the coolant level. It is in between the lower and full marking given on the plastic reserviour bottle. Do you think it should be at the full marking level?

2) Can anyone guide me as what is the mileage of this truck on highways and city driving.

3) I want to Grease my truck on the ball joints and other places. Anyone who could guide me as how many points are in this truck which needs greasing.

Thanking in advance
Qamar
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec engine, automatic, done 84

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote: 1) I hear the gurggling sound of water from the passenger side. For that i have checked the coolant level. It is in between the lower and full marking given on the plastic reserviour bottle. Do you think it should be at the full marking level?
Look into the Dexcool threads. There is a recent thread on gurgling sounds that may be of help.
2) Can anyone guide me as what is the mileage of this truck on highways and city driving.
15 city 19 highway give or take.
3) I want to Grease my truck on the ball joints and other places. Anyone who could guide me as how many points are in this truck which needs greasing.
11 -
Look for the Lubing and manuals thread. It has pictures.
Welcome :wave:
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

welcome to the site Qamar .
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome to the site :wave: :thumb:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec, front greasing points

Post by Qamar »

I want to say thanks to Mr.Henry. With his guidance i have greased all the 11 pionts of my subject truck. It was a good experience. Bit difficult but got through. I am sure things are going to easy for the second time.

Regards