Battery leaked

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Battery leaked

Post by 24digger »

I have had 3 2nd generation s-10 and all 3 at some point have spewed acid down the frame. Now my crew cab has done it the worst of the 3. Ate the paint off the battery tray and a lot of the wax off the frame :x . Anyone else had this problem?
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Have owned two without problems of that type. Have no clue as to why that has happed to you..
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Mine leaked a little and they replaced it under warranty.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

my battery took a dump about a year after i bought it. it was covered under warrenty. the current battery (the warrenty replacement) has started leaking and there is corosion on the battery tray. it has dripped down to my driveway and left rust colored spots.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

My stock battery died because some of the plates shorted out, and on the 2nd battery the entire positive terminal fell out causing battery acid to leak onto the tray and some on the frame. The positive battery cable had to be replaced also. Now I'm on my third @ only 38k miles! The yellow top Optima is next on my list. :?

Steve