pass. airbag

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

shallenn

pass. airbag

Post by shallenn »

02 sonoma...no pass airbag disengage switch but there is a clip with wires in it on the back of blank plate where switch would go<---left of radio anyone know what plug is? maybe wired for switch but didnt get one?
shallenn
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That plug is for the rear hatch release / rear wiper and washer switch.

We have the same wiring as all the utilities (Blazers)

Blank panel , left of radio

Wiring question

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

do GM products even come with an option to turn off passenger air bag, i dont remember any of mine having one
96 impala ss
97 4dr blazer
95 4dr blazer
03 pont sunfire :oops:
04 gmc cc

i know for a fact that none of these had one
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maximous wrote:do GM products even come with an option to turn off passenger air bag...
Yes, but only those that do not have a back seat.
The airbag disconnect is to protect children that are riding in the front seat.

For vehicles with rear seats the children must ride in the back seat to avoid harm that may be caused by airbag deployment.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

good response.. I never thought of that... :shock:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

thats what i was thinking, because i remember reg cabs having them now that i think about it, i like that GM did that, it doesnt really give the dumb parents a choice of putting there child in the front seat, by all means, if that is all you have, use it, but if you have a backseat, put them back there, i cussed somelady out before i came here, she had two boys, maybe 5-6 in the front bucket seat, sharing a seat, of course if one had had a seatbelt on they both would have, but niether did, i had just gotten off work and was still in uniform, at first she blew me off, but as soon as i put my beret on she changed her mind, it went from whatever, to yes sir, she buckled them up, this was off base, as i passed her i realized she was a military wife, i thought she was a civy, but that was the end of it, i pulled back on base hoping she would do the same but she didnt, i had no chance to get her tag, so, the story about the one that got away
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I have a conversion, so I do have the shutoff switch, even though I have a back seat. My truck was once an extended cab. I used to wonder what you all meant when you referred to tha blank panel besides the radio. Now I know.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

My extended cab has a shutoff switch. I used to leave it off all the time as 90% of the time it is just me in the truck and those things are very expensive to replace. I would always forget to turn it on when I would have a passenger so now I just leave it on. If it deploys, somebodys insurance is going to pay the replacement. I sure would feel bad if a passenger were seriously injured because I forgot to turn it on.
jalvar3667 wrote:I have a conversion, so I do have the shutoff switch, even though I have a back seat. My truck was once an extended cab. I used to wonder what you all meant when you referred to tha blank panel besides the radio. Now I know.
What??? Did you convert an extended cab into a crew???

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

No i didn't convert it myself. A company called centurion did it back in 2000, before any crew was offered in the U.S. they were made by GM in south america, so this company takes a brand new ext cab which has the same frame etc.. and imports the 4door cab from brazil and just swaps it out. Of course they transfer alot of the American DOT stuff from one cab to the other and reinforce the doors, safety glass etc. In short I have a brazilian crewcab converted to US specs one year before they sell in the US.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Oh, OK...
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

There is a sensor in my pass. seat that enables the pass. airbag in my Avalanche. Says if a ligher person sits in the sit(small adult, etc) it will not enable the airbag. I have a light on my rear view mirror that says if the airbag is on or off. Sometimes when I put a bag on the pass. seat it does turn the airbag on, but then it turns it off shortly after.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:There is a sensor in my pass. seat that enables the pass. airbag in my Avalanche.... Sometimes when I put a bag on the pass. seat it does turn the airbag on, but then it turns it off shortly after...
Boy you ought to have a little more respect for the person "riding shotgun" :shock:
My wife would not appreciate that kind of talk ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

HenryJ wrote: My wife would not appreciate that kind of talk ;)
it took me a moment to get it but i smiled afterwords :D
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

8)
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]