air vent control

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

shallenn

air vent control

Post by shallenn »

i have an '02 sonoma, no matter what i change vent to-face, floor, defrost- it always blows out the face and i think the defrost also. when blower is on high there is a loud air turbulanse under cowl in the middle. don't know if its related or not. any similar problems or solutions?
shallenn
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Seems like I have seen something similar somewhere, but I can't remember where.

First thing that comes to mind is a bad vacuum leak. The heater functions are vacuum controlled, so without vacuum the different modes will not change.

You might open the glove box and disconnect the red vacuum line to see if it is receiving vacuum during defrost selection.

And try the grey line, it should have vacuum all the time. It operates the non-existent auto climate control.

And ... :wave: welcome aboard.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
robbtodd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by robbtodd »

I have an 2002 S-10 CC. My S-10 just started doing the same thing. I have added a cold air Intake, new gibson exhaust, and a performance chip. I did not notice it until I put the performance chip on so I took the chip off last night but it did not help. If you find out why this happens, let me know.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

P.S. make sure ATF from the transfercase is not entering the system, as some have had this problem when the transfercase vacuum control seals failed.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

that is a GM problem, it happens on most trucks, when you put your chip in you probably disconnected a vacuum hose, same with the other guy, it is a vacuum problem, well actually lack of vacuum, thats why it cant turn the air from your face, it doesnt have the vacuum to close that vent, check your conections, or be lasy and take it in, on stuff like that it may be better to look under the dash and just see what you see, i fixed mine in my car, i fixed it in the dealer parking lot right after it had been "fixed", and still didnt work
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
robbtodd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by robbtodd »

I went to the dealership last night about several issues with my truck. The A/C problem is common on the S-10 and it is covered under warranty.
Hirolln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hirolln »

HenryJ wrote:P.S. make sure ATF from the transfercase is not entering the system, as some have had this problem when the transfercase vacuum control seals failed.

This is what is happening. Same thing went on my crew. Take to dealer and let them warrenty it :D
shallenn

Post by shallenn »

took it in and it was nothing more than a bad control knob... thanks for the help!