door panel moves when window closed

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

door panel moves when window closed

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

I had my knee resting against the drivers door the other day as I was driving and noticed that as the window was closed the plastic panel shifted as if the electric motor to roll up the window was torquing the panel
any one else experience this is it normal should I get it looked at might as well take advantage of the warranty?
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

That happens on my 03' too. I didn't think anything of it. The door design still seems better than a tin like crappy jap car.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

i wouldnt worry about that at all, every s-series ive ever even been in does that, my 2000 2x4 ext cab, my 1997 4dr 2x4 blazer, 1995 4dr 2x4 blazer and my 2004 crew all do it, by the way no im not that spoiled, i only have the crew, these are just vehicles ive had, come to think of it, i believe my dads 2004 2500HD 4x4 does it, as did my 1996 impala, and my moms 2004 yukon 2x4, i wouldnt worry about it though
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They always have......a quirck of the beast as far back as I can remember riding in or owning one.......... :!: :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Maximous wrote:i wouldnt worry about that at all, every s-series ive ever even been in does that, my 2000 2x4 ext cab, my 1997 4dr 2x4 blazer, 1995 4dr 2x4 blazer and my 2004 crew all do it, by the way no im not that spoiled, i only have the crew, these are just vehicles ive had, come to think of it, i believe my dads 2004 2500HD 4x4 does it, as did my 1996 impala, and my moms 2004 yukon 2x4, i wouldnt worry about it though
what about your estranged brother? ya know the one that bought the ford back in '81... :lol:
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

what about your estranged brother? ya know the one that bought the ford back in '81... Actually come to think of it that grand prix or gran damn that my brother owned probably did it also, but that was before his wife rolled it 7 times because bambi ran out into the road, his 96 chevy 1500 probably does it, i know his 95 jeep doesn't do it (no windows), however my other brothers 2000 cc 150 may do it, but his 94 ranger and his wifes 90 something geo prism definitely don't do it (manual windows) wow all that and i still have two more brothers, and body in the tampa area may actually get to see one of my other brothers, he has his own tree trimming company, he's down there for hurricane relief, if you see "Cains Tree Service" thats my brothers company, big white bucket truck, hahaha, wow we have been thru a lot of cars
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

ok if this is common I wont worry I just have never had this happen before then again this is only the third vehicle I have had with power windows and neither my old eclipse or the wife's mazda 6 did/ do this
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]