Dash Noise

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

cruzzonn

Dash Noise

Post by cruzzonn »

I have a rattle noise coming from the passenger side of the dash. It sounds like plastic rattling and it is around the right side air vent duct. Anyone had similar noise ?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

do you have any children? are they missing anything that fits inside an air vent?
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

Is it wgen you have the A/C on or all the time?
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

noise

Post by KCustom »

I had a small squeek in the same area it turned out to be the glove box door....adjusted it and it stoped
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Dash Noise

Post by Retep »

cruzzonn wrote:I have a rattle noise coming from the passenger side of the dash. It sounds like plastic rattling and it is around the right side air vent duct. Anyone had similar noise ?
I had a rattle like this, it sounded like something sliding and bouncing around in the glove box. I never did find the source of the rattle, it just went away. Haven't heard it since.

I remember some people having a rattle problem which turned out to be a loose hinge pin in the hood. I think the remedy was to install spring washer or something of that nature. Look at these threads.

Strange Noises
Noise under dash
Shake/rattle under the dash

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

I do have a rattle that drives me nuts, and I have found it out to be when the A/C is on. I really never had it in the winter.
Who's had that rattle also?
Doc

Rattle

Post by Doc »

HEY FELLAS!! Long time no see.... long story but i am back for a bit.

I had a rattle too when I first got my 03, took it to the dealer and it was some kinda hose under the hood that made the rattle, they moved it and the noise was gone, Sorry I can't remember what hose...
:)
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Doc....Same thing here. It was a coolant line back at the fire wall and the clamp on it was ticking aganst the fire wall.
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Mine is the grab bar.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Brad,
Should probably PM you to ask this question but, where is Orient, OH? Was "half" raised in Dayton.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

South of Columbus.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.