Front Seat Headrests??

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Front Seat Headrests??

Post by D_Wayne »

Is there anyway to take them out? :oops: I can't tell. I'm trying to attach some dvd screens to the seat and it requires removing the headrests. I don't see a button and I gave them a firm pull but they didn't move. :? I don't want to break/tear anything...so I figured I'd better ask. I also have leather seats if it matters. Thanks

Tim
[size=75]Black 2003 S10 Crew Cab with leather power/heated seats. Tow package, rear sliding window, bug deflector, Euro tail lights, Boise Spring Works Kit, Mild T-Bar Crank, Bilstein Shocks and Ranch Truck Topper.[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

sorry i got the cloth, but my seats are just one solid piece
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

a sawzall to take the off
duct tape to put them back on :lol: :lol:
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

kwalsh wrote:a sawzall to take the off
duct tape to put them back on :lol: :lol:
That means they're permanently attached. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Front Seat Headrests??

Post by Warnoffroad »

D_Wayne wrote:Is there anyway to take them out? :oops: I can't tell. I'm trying to attach some dvd screens to the seat and it requires removing the headrests. I don't see a button and I gave them a firm pull but they didn't move. :? I don't want to break/tear anything...so I figured I'd better ask. I also have leather seats if it matters. Thanks

Tim
I was pulling on mine the other day, and couldnt get them off. Couldnt find a button like all the other cars/trucks have to pull them out, so you're not the only one
Last edited by Warnoffroad on Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I'm pretty sure there is a button as they are adjustable up and down as well as tilt forward and back(just push the top of the headrest forward or back). I don't remember but I'm pretty sure there is nothing special as it's designed like any other adjustable headrest. Normally, just pull up on the headrest and it should come up about 1/2" before it hits the first lock indent. Then you should be able to see the button on the seat top(probably part of the plastic base of the head rest). then push in the button and it should allow it to slide the rest of the way out.

Take some pics of the screen install. I bought one but it straps to the headrest(it's a universal one for both removable and noremovable headrests).

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Post by D_Wayne »

Conman wrote:I'm pretty sure there is a button as they are adjustable up and down as well as tilt forward and back(just push the top of the headrest forward or back). I don't remember but I'm pretty sure there is nothing special as it's designed like any other adjustable headrest. Normally, just pull up on the headrest and it should come up about 1/2" before it hits the first lock indent. Then you should be able to see the button on the seat top(probably part of the plastic base of the head rest). then push in the button and it should allow it to slide the rest of the way out.

Take some pics of the screen install. I bought one but it straps to the headrest(it's a universal one for both removable and noremovable headrests).

Con
Conman, I don't see any buttons. I've tried squeezing the base of the seat, headrest foward, backwards, no luck. They pull all the way up to that last stop then, that's all she wrote. Anybody else having this problem or am I the only headrest challenged one :lol:
[size=75]Black 2003 S10 Crew Cab with leather power/heated seats. Tow package, rear sliding window, bug deflector, Euro tail lights, Boise Spring Works Kit, Mild T-Bar Crank, Bilstein Shocks and Ranch Truck Topper.[/size]
Jim

Re: Front Seat Headrests??

Post by Jim »

D_Wayne wrote:Is there anyway to take them out? :oops: I can't tell. I'm trying to attach some dvd screens to the seat and it requires removing the headrests. I don't see a button and I gave them a firm pull but they didn't move. :? I don't want to break/tear anything...so I figured I'd better ask. I also have leather seats if it matters. Thanks

Tim
There is a button it is on the side or back I've had mine off to remove my seat covers in the summer. It is hard to find, it feels like just a bump under the cover.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Keep an eye out for differences between makes. My '02 GMC does not have removable head rests. They are sewn together as a single assembly. Don't even look like headrests. Just one unitary assembly, sort of like old Camaro seats.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Mike H. wrote:Keep an eye out for differences between makes. My '02 GMC does not have removable head rests. They are sewn together as a single assembly. Don't even look like headrests. Just one unitary assembly, sort of like old Camaro seats.
The leather option has removable headrests.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Jim wrote:
Mike H. wrote:Keep an eye out for differences between makes. My '02 GMC does not have removable head rests. They are sewn together as a single assembly. Don't even look like headrests. Just one unitary assembly, sort of like old Camaro seats.
The leather option has removable headrests.
I figured it had to be the leather ones. My '02 has cloth seats and I was looking at them last night, trying to figure out what you all were talking about. No way mine are coming off, in one piece anyway.