Lookit this Crew review

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Lookit this Crew review

Post by quickbiker »

I like this review, seems to be very true to most part and the comments are funny! http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtests/11199/index1.html

I like this one:
"WE DISLIKED
The psychedelic mouse-fur used as interior fabric. Made us feel like we were in a ’70s Buick."

Ha! That's exactly why I did like it! I loved the Buick I had with that kind of interier, and I love the Crew interior! And My Camoro like interior!

And:
"When I first stepped into the S-10’s cab I felt like I was in a Camaro, with its wrap-around dash and all. "

:D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

What bothers me is that a couple of their comments make no sense..

Jon Thompson said:"For my wheeling tastes, at least, it needs more motor, a significantly upgraded and redesigned interior..."

Yes, I'm sure that serious wheeling can be severely hampered by a lack of cupholders, or an inadequate CD player.

honestly, as s-10 enthusiasts, we all have our preference, but when you read published reviews like this, I realize that the Colorado/Canyon answered to many of the gripes that the reviwers have.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Overall it is a pretty honest review. A couple of those picture look like they could have been out of Hobie's photo album ;) , so they did give it a "work out".

Many of the complaints "hit the nail right on the head" and we have all modded to correct those deficiencies-

Mushy suspension= those lousy (99 cent) stock shocks, Upgrade them!

Couldn't tell it was a 4x4= raise it 3" to look right, BL , T-bar crank and rear spring kit.

Lacking for horsepower=Intake, exhaust, etc.

Shifts late and transmission sucks power=Hypertech Power programmer III

Tire could be a little larger=(after lift)30" or 31"

For the price , I think you can usually afford to bring it into the satisfaction range with a few mods :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

They're crackheads.....people kept going on and on about how good the Goodyear RT/S's were and that they're an "Off-Road" tire. What the heck? That's gotta be tied for first with the lack of vechicle height for the #1 complaint among owners! And the interior cloth changed in '03 anyways.....And they said it could've performed better with a limited slip rear? Ok, our GM OEM ain't the best locking rear diff, but if they're gonna test a truck with off-roading as the main focus, get a truck with the locker.......Crackheads!
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Yeah, wouldnt that also mean they were testing a 3.42 truck with the 235/75/15 tire?

The 3.73 would have probably put a little life back into the feel of the motor.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Yeah, wouldnt that also mean they were testing a 3.42 truck with the 235/75/15 tire?

The 3.73 would have probably put a little life back into the feel of the motor.
Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking when they said that. I thought the same thing, that's why I got the 3.73 ratio and I am a happy camper, and that is a $0 option. I really hate reviews and I hate consumer reports. They never tell the reall story, and they don't know all the facts.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Matt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Matt »

a few things that bothered me:

small mirrors? I guess that they havent driven some of the older S-10's with the mirrors the size of business cards

small back seat? What did you expect. Your supposed to remove the back seat for speakers, or just keep small children in it.

soft suspension giving more traction? Thats completly bass akwards. The harder suspensions give you more traction because they keep the tires planted to the ground

Tires Rubbing? Never had it happen w/ my 03, and I put 30X10.50R15 on it

Michael Rudd doesnt know what engine is in the truck. Its not a 4600 dumbass its a 4300. Good job editers

Well thats all. Thanks for reading this 10 minutes of "While Matt Vents"
make up for your lack of speed with an over the top stereo. This way your still cool.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Actually...softer suspension is better for off-roading. The increased flex allows the wheels to travel down into holes and ruts better, which keeps the tires on the ground more often. That's the only thing that's saved me from getting stuck lots of times is the soft rear suspension and all the flex it has.

Your other points are correct though. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

He was probably talking about on the pavement traction, drag racing. But yea, off-road, flexy soft is good.
jeremy
Regular
Regular

Post by jeremy »

im new to the off raoading exsperience but i have taken my truck up some pretty crayzy trails for a stock vehicle, you just got to take it slow :P , i live in prescott AZ, lots of stuff to climb :D but over all i like my truck those people "are" on crack, the only thing i would agree on would be the soft suspention leaning into to corners, but ya know, if i wanted to rally race i would have bought a WRX. this is what i think of thir review :puke: ,4.6L sumone realy did their homwork
JEREMY