Mods vs. Warranties

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

darkhrt

Mods vs. Warranties

Post by darkhrt »

Alright maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but trying to get a straight answer on a legal matter from the dealer makes my head hurt. Any of you know what mods you can do to a new truck with null and voiding my warranty. Thanx-- Darkhrt
PS. I'm going to post this in the mod section too.
darkhrt

correction

Post by darkhrt »

:oops: sorry, that was supposed to read without null and voiding warranty.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

well don't touch anything with the motor. You can try and squeeze a K&N but some dealers may not allow it. You can however add an aftermarket exhaust but only from the catalytic converter back. Don't add spark plug wires, msd, etc.

for exterior, I have a 2" body lift and 31's. the dealer has not said anything regarding warranty work and i recieved a free motor due to engine troubles 3k ago. I wouldn't touch the suspension but shackles in the rear and torsion crank up front is ok but not excessive
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

According to the Magnusson Moss Act, you can do any mod you want and the vehicle manufacturer cannot void your warranty, provided that the mod is not the cause of the failure for which you are trying to receive warranty work. There's no "list" of mods which will or will not void your warranty, but there are certain mods which can be done which will more than likely not cause a hassle at the dealership. I say do what you feel comfortable doing. If you're up and ready for a potential confrontation with your dealer, then do anything and everything. If you don't feel like a hassle, then only do as much as you can easily reverse if something should go wrong.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

AZS10Crew wrote:According to the Magnusson Moss Act, you can do any mod you want and the vehicle manufacturer cannot void your warranty, provided that the mod is not the cause of the failure for which you are trying to receive warranty work. There's no "list" of mods which will or will not void your warranty, but there are certain mods which can be done which will more than likely not cause a hassle at the dealership. I say do what you feel comfortable doing. If you're up and ready for a potential confrontation with your dealer, then do anything and everything. If you don't feel like a hassle, then only do as much as you can easily reverse if something should go wrong.
Try to tell the dealer that. haha.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:According to the Magnusson Moss Act, you can do any mod you want and the vehicle manufacturer cannot void your warranty, provided that the mod is not the cause of the failure for which you are trying to receive warranty work. There's no "list" of mods which will or will not void your warranty, but there are certain mods which can be done which will more than likely not cause a hassle at the dealership. I say do what you feel comfortable doing. If you're up and ready for a potential confrontation with your dealer, then do anything and everything. If you don't feel like a hassle, then only do as much as you can easily reverse if something should go wrong.
Try to tell the dealer that. haha.
Not a problem. I'll do what I need to do to get my warranty work done. it's the law. if they want to break it, I'll help them realize the error of their ways. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Easy for you to say. :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

depends on the dealer :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

:lol: anything that you can change back out before you take it to the dealer :lol:
[size=75]2003 PEWTER GMC SONOMA CREWCAB, 1.5" SPACERS![/size]