Buy 2004 Crew or wait for the Colorado?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Buy 2004 Crew or wait for the Colorado?

Post by Guest »

I'm being pulled in two ways.....My thrifty side says the 2004 Crew Cab is a heck of a good deal considering all you get for the money, especially with rebates and dealer prices. Plus, they have been making the Crews for years now so most of the kinks have been worked out. Truck prices are getting ridiculous. I can't afford 28-30 thousand bucks for a vehicle.
But:
That Colorado is a bigger truck, newer design...and although I can't figure out what kind of a genius would design this new line of ugly trucks, the design doesn't look as ugly on the smaller Colorado. There will probably be no incentives on it, so expect to buy it for 24 or 25 grand. A new
S-10 CC can be had loaded for $21,000.
What would you do?
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I would buy the 2004.
1- cause I love this site...
2- cause your right kiNks have been worked out
3- cause you can get lift kits for it already.
4- cause its smaller.
5- its inexpensive now that they are getting the 2005

why get the colorado
1- cause its new
2- cause it has more room

2004 WINS .. I THINK ... .
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

04? I thought 03 was the end of the s-10?
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

well, I agree the s10 Crew will be a better value upfront. That was the main reason I got my 02 Crew cause it was thousands less than similar nissan or toyota crews at that time(and alot cheaper than fullsize too). But I knew that the nissan and toyota crews had better aftermarket support and more rugged front end but since my offroading is mostly marked trails and beach driving, not an issue for me.

If that is more important to you, then the colorado appears to be better in that area.

So if price is the main issues, then the 04 s10 crew is the winner. The Colorado appears to be a better truck overall though(stiffer frame, new engine with better mpg, bigger bed, side airbags).

If I were buying a truck now, I would get the Colorado over the s10 crew; but if the Colorado price is higher than the nissan or toyota, I might lean more towards those than the colorado. I've noticed both nissan and toyota has lowered the price on their trucks as well. Well for that matter, the prices on the GM fullsize have dropped as well. I think if the prices for the 1500 extended cab was as low as it is now, I might have not even got the s10 crew but just got an ext. cab fullsize.

Big reason I would get the Colorado is the side airbag which def. makes the truck safer than the s10. longer bed than ours which would be easier to carry longer motorcycles. Looks might be odd to some, but def. it's a new look which helps in the wow factor. Should get better MPG. Resale will probably be better than the s10 over the long haul too(which might make buying a 04 s10 crew not as good a deal in the long run).

Bad things about the Colorado, low tow ratings, unknow engine performance, not really bigger than the s10 interior space.

I don't know if you know that GM will have a 1500 Crew but with a shorty bed(rides on an ext. cab frame I think) so it will not be such a beast to drive than the normal 1500HD Crew Cab. Depending on prices(which I think will be very competitive since Nissan Titan and New F150 are coming) getting a fullsize might not be much more than the Colorado.

My reason for buying:
S10 Crew: If you plan on running it into the ground, resale value won't matter and you will save a ton of money, plus it's still a good truck and has decent aftermarket support.

Colorado: You like driving the latest style, side airbag option, z71 option is def. better suspension than the s10s for the off-roaders, bigger bed, better resale value(my guess it will be better than s10), and probably will have better aftermarket support in the long run over the s10.

1500 Crew: Probably won't be much more than the Colorado, bigger than the colorado, tow rating higher than colorado, lots of current aftermarket support.

Now that I confused you guys, Good Luck!

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

personally, regardless of price from now on im only owning crew cab, 4x4 trucks,

and i dont think the colorado is all that much bigger and i have a personal rule of never buying a new model vehicle
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

If you're looking for durability and functionality off-road, get a Taco Crew Cab. If you're not going to beat on it too much, or lift it more than 2", get the S-10 Crew Cab. If you need a lot of passenger and cargo space, and want a big aftermarket, then hunt around for a left over 2003 full-size or a good deal on a 2004.

Nothing against my crew...I like it and it looks good, but I wish I would have waited and tried to find a better deal on a Taco crew cab or full size.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Warnoffroad wrote:04? I thought 03 was the end of the s-10?
Continued in '04 only in Crew Cab format, to suppliment low quantities of Colorado crews.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:If you're looking for durability and functionality off-road, get a Taco Crew Cab.
while you are at it..why dont you tell him to just run out and buy a ford :P
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Doc

my side of the story

Post by Doc »

I'm with you guys, I love this site! Now if I could just get one of you to come over and install my lift kit.... (free beer anyone?)
Anyway...
I bought my 2003 cause of all the rebates, ended up paying under 19k.
The Toyota crew was nice but around 25k
The Nissan crew, felt cheap and too (dare I say) truck like. Worse than the Dakota I had before I bought the crew.
The Ford Sportrac was nice but again outta my price range.
I would have gotten the Dodge Crew but my dodge sucked on gas and I figured I would try the Chevy, smaller, more responsive... I drive code 3 alot (lights and siren) and haven't had a problem with handling. I just wish I was sitting up a little higher.... :(
The Colorado is coming to my dealer in 2 days, I am gonna go check it out (friend is the sales manager) I here it has 210 hp.
I'm not looking to buy it yet but he says give it a year or so until the rebates come out then he can get me outta mine and into a Colorado.
This time it is gonna be red!
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

tHE NISSAN FRONTIER FELT CHEAP AS WELL. i COULDNT BELEIVE THOSE DOOR PANELS. i THINK THEY MAKE THEM OUT OF MILK JUGS. :lol:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

a2b wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:If you're looking for durability and functionality off-road, get a Taco Crew Cab.
:lol: :lol: NO KIDDING! :lol: :lol: I HAD A 1990 TOYOTA BEFORE THE CREW, I GOT IT WITH 60K AND IN FOUR YEARS GOT IT UP TO 120K, AND GUESS WHAT :lol: :lol: MY TIMING CHAIN STRETCHED UNTIL IT WORE THROUGH THE HOUSING AND INTO THE BLOCK CAUSINGOIL AND WATER TO MIX THUS CAUSING MY HEAD TO WARP AND MY LOWER BEARINGS TO GO BAD :lol: :lol: RESULT; I NEEDED A COMPLETE OVERHAUL OR NEW MOTOR. :twisted: WHILE DOING RESEARCH TO FIND A NEW MOTOR I WAS INFORMED THAT IN JAPAN BECAUSE OF THE EMMISION LAWS THEY HAVE TO REPLACE THE MOTOR AT 60K MILES. SO I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT JAPANESE BASED COMPANIES ONLY WANT A MOTOR THATS GOOD FOR 60K. I IMEDIATLY JUNKED IT AND BOUGHT A REAL (AMERICAN MADE) TRUCK. :idea: I LOVED MY TOYOTA, BUT TIME TELLS ALL. :lol: :lol: BESIDES HAVE YOU SEEN THE INTERIOR ON THE NEW TOYOTA CREWS? LAME! I'D TAKE MY TRUCK OVER A ( :lol: TACO :lol: ) ANY DAY. EVEN IF I PAYED 25K FOR MINE.
[size=75]2003 PEWTER GMC SONOMA CREWCAB, 1.5" SPACERS![/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:
I would have if he said he wanted to spend $35K. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

KYLE wrote:
a2b wrote:
:lol: :lol: NO KIDDING! :lol: :lol: I HAD A 1990 TOYOTA BEFORE THE CREW, I GOT IT WITH 60K AND IN FOUR YEARS GOT IT UP TO 120K, AND GUESS WHAT :lol: :lol: MY TIMING CHAIN STRETCHED UNTIL IT WORE THROUGH THE HOUSING AND INTO THE BLOCK CAUSINGOIL AND WATER TO MIX THUS CAUSING MY HEAD TO WARP AND MY LOWER BEARINGS TO GO BAD :lol: :lol: RESULT; I NEEDED A COMPLETE OVERHAUL OR NEW MOTOR. :twisted: WHILE DOING RESEARCH TO FIND A NEW MOTOR I WAS INFORMED THAT IN JAPAN BECAUSE OF THE EMMISION LAWS THEY HAVE TO REPLACE THE MOTOR AT 60K MILES. SO I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT JAPANESE BASED COMPANIES ONLY WANT A MOTOR THATS GOOD FOR 60K. I IMEDIATLY JUNKED IT AND BOUGHT A REAL (AMERICAN MADE) TRUCK. :idea: I LOVED MY TOYOTA, BUT TIME TELLS ALL. :lol: :lol: BESIDES HAVE YOU SEEN THE INTERIOR ON THE NEW TOYOTA CREWS? LAME! I'D TAKE MY TRUCK OVER A ( :lol: TACO :lol: ) ANY DAY. EVEN IF I PAYED 25K FOR MINE.
That is definitely NOT the norm. I've had '91, '98 and '00 Toyota 4x4's. The 2.4L that I had in the '91 was a fully Japanese-made motor and truck that was just as tight as can be. I had over 100K. A friend of my dad had a Toyota that he put over 200K on with no major failures. The reputation of the 2.4L is awsome. At 60K they are just getting settled in. The '98 and '00 I had both had the newer 2.7L (truck made here in US) which has no real track record yet. I've neven known anybody that had a Toyota truck that ever had a problem with it, especially the older ones.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

:? I had the 2.4 22RE :?
[size=75]2003 PEWTER GMC SONOMA CREWCAB, 1.5" SPACERS![/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

I drove an 85 four-runner for 11 years. Bought it used with 30,000 miles and ran it up to 170,000 miles. It was the 22RE fuel injected 4cyl. The truck and motor were bullet proof. Never let me down. Did the usual clutch, alternator, brakes, etc. but nothing major. Towards the end the motor used about 1/2 a quart of oil every 2,000 miles and felt a little less powerful, and the tranny would growl a bit on decceleration, but it was a great truck. Looking back I wish I would have kept it. It was super clean and I sold it 4 years ago for $5500.00. Would have made a great hunting truck which I did not have to worry about if I put a few scratches on it. I just had no room at home to keep it as I already had 3 vehicles. Just got tired of driving a stick, and wanted something more powerful and plush inside.

Post by Guest »

My brother works at a Chevy dealership and informs me that the S-10
crew will be available through 2006.
Thanks everyone for the input. I guess I opened up a can of worms!
That can be a good thing, though. I agree with the door panels on Jap
trucks....the whole door looks like it's 1" thick! Toyota rides like it has
steel rods instead of shocks. They are hard to price out, too. You have
to add everything. Base truck ...$ 21,000. Options:
1. Steering wheel..........225.00
2. Rear bumper.............450.00
3. A/C.........................1000.00
etc. etc. etc. Total....$ 28,000.00
TruStinger

Post by TruStinger »

i would go wit hteh colorado. the engines they're dropping in them are said to be some of the best engines they've ever made. the inline 5 alone pumps out 220 hp. the cre cabs are being discontinued soon and the colorado is ugly. they're being discontinued simply because you cant have 2 trucks in the same line. like the s10 use to be the mini truck, silverados the midsize and the duramax's the full size. change is good and change can be bad. the good side is the engines are sweet it sounds liek theyre sucking out all the potential of the vortec and slapping it in something else. the bad side is its rafugly.
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

TruStinger wrote:...... the engines they're dropping in them are said to be some of the best engines they've ever made. the inline 5 alone pumps out 220 hp............
A little more horsepower, but about 10% less torque than our 4.3L. The S-10 towing capability smokes the Colorado. IMHO torque is far more important in a truck than horsepower.

Post by Guest »

Know what? I'm getting a crew cab. Can get one loaded for almost nothing. I think the new line of Chevy trucks is down right ugly. When you look at the front end, it looks like the truck is saying to you "Go to hell. Screw you". By buying a crew cab. I want to do my part to convey the message that the new ones are ugly. Who in the heck looks at the designs and says "Yeah, I like it. Let's go for it and make this the look all across our line of trucks". Someone is making about a hundred grand a year that doesn't know what ugly is. I'd like to see the guy's wife that designed the new trucks!
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Craig wrote:When you look at the front end, it looks like the truck is saying to you "Go to hell. Screw you". Someone is making about a hundred grand a year that doesn't know what ugly is. I'd like to see the guy's wife that designed the new trucks!
Wow... How do you really feel? :wink:

The exterior of the new Colorado is kind of growing on me a little. I think in time, I will grow to like it. But the interior :puke:
Also the thought of an I5, well lets just say it doesn't sound very masculine.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It's not just the trucks...it's the cars too. Have you seen the new Malibu? It's got that giant hideous chrome bar that runs across the front end just like the trucks. Apparently they can't afford to pay people to make unique designs, so they just do variations on a theme. :roll:
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I'm really wondering how badly some of these newer designs are doing for Chevy -- they seem to really be going through an "ugly" phase right now.

Pontiac is improving the looks of their vehicles.
Buick is ---well buick-like
Oldsmobile is history (but did have some decent designs)
Cadillac is doing well with it's new styling ideas -- I like the cTS ok,and the newer luxu-ute and the XLR
Saab is -- well Saab
Hummer sells soccer-mom trucks hand over foot
Saturn has a cult following, and the Vue doesn't look so bad -- not sure about the ION or the other sedan

But the Chevy brand really seems to be slacking. The J-body (Cavalier) should be retired and replaced with mor eof a "world-car" platform. The malibu and Monte-carlo / Impala all terrible looking in the Chevy body, and much better as Pontiacs.

Just my 2 cents
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Scott03 »

Well I think Chevy has come a long way, once next fall hits, they will have replaced or re-styled their whole line

old/new

tracker/equinox
s-10/colorado
malibu(classic)/malibu
cavalier/cobalt
prism/aveo
C5/C6

all others had been restyled over the past couple years.

You do have to remember that Chevy is GM's blue collar , reliable line, not the cutting edge.

Just my 2 cents
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

GM's whole line of vehicles is pretty much stagnant over the last several years. The current Cavalier and Sunfire havebeen around for over ten years, S-10/15 for almost 10, Silverado/Sierra is basically the same for five years (except the new Avalanche front end...yuck), Grand Am for several years, Grand Prix (until this year) for a long time...the list goes on. Companies like Nissan and Toyota seem to redesigning something about their cars almost every year or two. They just need to update things quicker so consumers don't get bored with the vehicles.
[size=75]Mark
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:GM's whole line of vehicles is pretty much stagnant over the last several years. The current Cavalier and Sunfire havebeen around for over ten years, S-10/15 for almost 10, Silverado/Sierra is basically the same for five years (except the new Avalanche front end...yuck), Grand Am for several years, Grand Prix (until this year) for a long time...the list goes on. Companies like Nissan and Toyota seem to redesigning something about their cars almost every year or two. They just need to update things quicker so consumers don't get bored with the vehicles.
I'd like to present the opposing view:
GM trys to stay with a particular body for 10 years adding only minor cosmetic changes each year.
This leads to a perfected package, by fixing problems as they arise, and a stable platform for aftermarket companies to develop parts. What company would want to build parts for only two years run of a body style?
The longer run may risk boredom, but it also offers many available parts new and used parts interchanging over a broad year range. Which makes the price of parts cheaper (supply and demand) , and in turn reduces the cost of repairs. Let's not forget this is a part of why our insurance rates are less than the imports, and other makes.

The availability of 10 years worth of used parts , by the time my warranty is up, (fenders ,hoods, drivetrain) was one of the factors in my decision to buy this crew :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I personally like the looks of the Canyon and the option for the 265-75R15 size tire. Also if there is a 4.10 option for gearing, that will toast any s-10 or sonoma with 3.73 or 3.42 stock gearing..try adding 30.5" tires on the sonoma with those gears and it sucks pulling

I can't even stay in overdrive with a 2% incline on the highway let alone pull a trailer with a 900lb. atv. I just keep it in 3rd and let the motor work hard at over 2200rpm when pulling
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Personally, I HATE the look of the new Canyon and Colorado, the front is ok, but the fenders are the worst part to me.

You guys must know something I don't because when I priced a 2004 S-10 CC with the Zr something package (offroad), it was around 27000 or a little more (way to much money :-P) . I paid around 17000 for my 01 CC with 18k miles :-D

I agree about the torque, I'd take it over horsepower when it comes to the S-10 over the Colorado, plus the Colorado is more expensive mostly because it is newer :-P Why buy something that is more expensive and uglier? But don't flame me, that's just my opinion :-) hehe I guess I'm just too Pro-S-10 8)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
bigmansoftware

Post by bigmansoftware »

Maybe I did not get the best deal, but I paid 18000 last week for my 2004 and it was the best option I could find Used F150s were over 20 grand and had 25+ miles. I wish the bed was a little longer, but I have already hauled a ton of 8 foot lumber without a problem. Not to mention it rides nicer than my suv ever did... And it starts everday which is much better than the 83 short box in the garage.

rod
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

interior space

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

you all are forgetting the most important reason for getting a crew a usable back seat the colorado has a smaller back seat ( did the baby seat test at the auto show in february It failed)
That there disqualifies the colorado for me if i didn't need the back seat id get a ext. cab
as far as the nissan yes it feels cheeper I know I was looking at one when I got my sonoma same price similar options subtract bed liner sliding rear glass hitch and engine power even about the same color
got the gmc because seemed like a better deal and if I would have had to put up with the Nissan sales manager any longer I would be living in a prison not just working in one
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
Jim

Re: interior space

Post by Jim »

badandy2003cc4x4 wrote:you all are forgetting the most important reason for getting a crew a usable back seat the colorado has a smaller back seat ( did the baby seat test at the auto show in february It failed)
That there disqualifies the colorado for me if i didn't need the back seat id get a ext. cab
as far as the nissan yes it feels cheeper I know I was looking at one when I got my sonoma same price similar options subtract bed liner sliding rear glass hitch and engine power even about the same color
got the gmc because seemed like a better deal and if I would have had to put up with the Nissan sales manager any longer I would be living in a prison not just working in one
I was on the Colorado forum last night, They don't get any better mileage than ours. And the guys on there said with the GM incentives our Crew is a hard one to pass up.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: interior space

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote: I was on the Colorado forum last night, They don't get any better mileage than ours. And the guys on there said with the GM incentives our Crew is a hard one to pass up.
Feel free to "drop" links to our forum over there. They may find the information here useful :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

whats the colorado's website. are there any likes or dislikes?
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

24digger wrote:whats the colorado's website. are there any likes or dislikes?
http://www.coloradofans.com

They really like the ride.
They won't go over 98MPH
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Re: Buy 2004 Crew or wait for the Colorado?

Post by shrubs2000 »

Craig wrote:I'm being pulled in two ways.....My thrifty side says the 2004 Crew Cab is a heck of a good deal considering all you get for the money, especially with rebates and dealer prices.
What would you do?
I drove the Colorado and wasn't really impressed. With the GM rebate total of $4750, I was able to get a really good deal on my 04. I've had it for just over two weeks now.
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

shrubs2000 wrote: I drove the Colorado and wasn't really impressed. With the GM rebate total of $4750, I was able to get a really good deal on my 04. I've had it for just over two weeks now.
Welcome to the site shrubs Image

Nice to have someone else from the area. I see in your profile, you are in the USAF. I work at Wright Patterson AFB.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

Retep wrote: Welcome to the site shrubs
Nice to have someone else from the area. I see in your profile, you are in the USAF. I work at Wright Patterson AFB.

Pete
Thanx! I work in HQ AFMC ITOL, soon to be MSC something or other. I live in Bellbrook and my S-10 is my daily driver. It's just a quandy as to mod the car or the truck. Maybe both as time and of course $$ permits!
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

smokinjoe wrote:personally, regardless of price from now on im only owning crew cab, 4x4 trucks,

and i dont think the colorado is all that much bigger and i have a personal rule of never buying a new model vehicle
Similar to a saying pilots have, "never fly the 'A' model of anything"
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i can say first hand the day i got my crew i went to look at the colorado i drove it once and it was ok you dont get the headroom and the ghettyup was not what i wanted then the second i saw what i was teking home about 5 hours later i screamed like a little girl inside (shut up ok) but the throttle responce the head room i was far more impressed with the crew the colorado was sharp looking and i wish my cc was the burnt orange color it was but i wouldnt trade now or ever
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

i guess for me the s-10 won hands down . i drove both and thought the S-10 had more to offer me and the colorado really needs like a 17in wheel looks a bit odd with those 15s on it.and a plus for me was whenever im ready to put the V8 in my cc my brother has 3 ready he runs a 1990 s-10 that hits 7.90s in the 1/4 mile.so really dont think twice u think long you think wrong :)and so far i have 39000 miles and never been to the dealer ((knockin on wood))) 04CC bought in feb of o4 i do alot of drivin.
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

Tikes - 39K is a lot of driving! I bought mine in April 04 and only have 5300 miles.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

haha bought mine in april and left for iraq 5 days later :cry: oh well the wife took it for a 400 mile trip which puts it right at 418 miles hahaha oh well ill take care of that in a month
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yeah it is alot of drivin i work for pepsi as an account manager and i have to drive to each store plus 50 miles each way to work and my route is about 75 miles a day so i drive from 150-200 miles per day. i dont mind they buy my truck payin me 37.5 cent per mile so when this trucks dead ill get another damn near free :lol: