filters

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

filters

Post by duce »

k another no-brainer question to all but me.I no we have filters but how many and were do I find them?the air filter I know,but what else is their and how often do I replace them. :?:
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:roll: I know we have a fuel filter cause all cars do. also your air filter of course. oil filter. and a transmission filter usaully. this is just based on my knowledge of cars. however i dont know on a crew where there are. oh and dont forget the blinker fluid filter. :lol: j/k sorry I could be much help. but there are some things to look for
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, there are a few filters on our trucks. if you want to learn about all of them and where they are and when to change them...go to a pep boys and get a HAYNES s-10 book for your year of truck. the first chapter is on maintance. good luck!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

39K on my truck now. So far the filters that I have changed have been Air cleaner multiple times, trans filter twice, and the fuel filter once. the tranny and air filter locations are pretty much a no brainer , however it took me a few minutes to find the fuel filter. It is located on the frame reail under the drivers door. it took about 10 minutes to change, 5 minutes of that to get the tools together (Son has been working in the garage lately) The owners manual has been pretty good about describing the recomended mileage for maintenance.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya the owners manual does say alot about maintanence....

changing the fuel filter is easy. just dont lay under it or you will gas in your face....and put he cig out before hand :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:shock: I got 46k miles and haven't touched the fuel filter yet. And now I never change the air filter since I got a K&N. :D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Trans filter? Where is that?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

In the tranny. Get the deep sump filter.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]