Sonoma, heater/wipermotor shot!

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Sonoma, heater/wipermotor shot!

Post by mjmcdowell »

As I said my CC Sonoma 73,000 young, alas my dealer told me my heater core has to be replaced and I need a new wiper motor, Ok stuff happens, she's getting old, like me. Any body out there know what I am looking at? time, labor, cost, hassel? Any input would be appreciated, stay safe, mjmcdowel
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The wiper motor will be easy, but the heater core is a real PITA to install since you have to disassemble most of the dash. :(

Figure on 20 minutes for the wiper motor and 1-2 days for the heater core. :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The wiper module is more than likely the problem. If that is the case it will not require replacement of the whole assembly.

Wiper Fix

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:The wiper module is more than likely the problem. If that is the case it will not require replacement of the whole assembly.

Wiper Fix
I replaced the circuit board on my 88 S10 Blazer 2x now and learned later that a bad ground from the wiper motor housing to firewall was causing most of the problems. :bonk: :roll:

I don't know if the same thing is possible on the newer S10's, but bad grounds on anything seem to cause weird electrical problems. :crazy: :lol:

Steve
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Heater core

Post by mjmcdowell »

First, thank you to those who answred my post. Reed, thanks for the PM and offer to help. Well with my extended coverage I didn't have to pay for the core and labor, whew!, that would have been a biggey. I did pay for a flush/renew of coolant and a state inspection/smog, both needed. My extended coverage has paid off, they now have paid for more than I originaly paid for the coverage and 25,000 miles left on the clock! stay safe mjmcdowell
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Glad it worked out. Now please tell me where NYS is. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]