Dirty Glass

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Dirty Glass

Post by BADs Crew »

I have a hell of a time getting the inside of the windshild clean. I understand the smeared streaks comes from chemicals used in the plastic dash to prevent cracking due to UV rays. Anyone have any tips for this one?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have had luck with armourall glass cleaner.

Am sure you will find other opinions on the matter. I had a terrible time cleaning aftermarket window tint as a K9 handler but if I broke it loose with dish soap, any good glass cleaner worked well. I assume you already know but, if you have non factory tint...................never use a cleaner that has pneumonia in it.

A cleaner with pneumonia would be nasty! One with ammonia is just a little unpleasant ;) -HJ
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I found a little gadget at walmart that does a pretty good job. Its like a small ball that I think is shami pieces, you just wipe down the inside of your windshield with it and it cleans off that film.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Inviseble Glass cleaner and a micro fiber or news paper
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

A cleaner with pneumonia would be nasty! One with ammonia is just a little unpleasant ;) -HJ
That was the wonderful spellchecker and I was to lazy to fight with it :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I use mico fiber on my dash but have never tried it on the glass. Hey thanks for the tips guys.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Sams Club sells some great micros if you go in buy the blue 1s not the yellow micros
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Dang Jeff you are always here, I post and your rite behind, Its like a freaking chat room lol. How do you find time to put all those miles on your truck?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Im an account manager for PEPSI and my routes from Hagerstown Md. to Charlestown WVa. .Its 50 miles for me each way to work and my route is about 75-120 miles per day but Pepsi pretty much pays for my truck at 40.5 cent per mile. I also check the site every time I pass my office in my house and sometimes at my plant.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

We just opened a division in Hagerstown. I thougt of transfering there but I think I am going to go east to the beach instead,
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

When I wash my truck, I just use a wet towel/dry towel method for the windows. Scrub the glass with a damp towel, then promptly go back over them with a dry towel. Water doesn't streak like cleaners do! So I get pretty good results that way. The only tip is that you CAN NOT do windows in the sun or when the glass is hot! Also, this cleaning system works only for MAINTAINING the glass. You have to work at them the first time with some good cleaner and lint free towels. I have heard that surgical towels work best. As long as you wash your window towels seperately and do not use fabric softener on them, you will be fine.

I really should be honest here though. My wife and I have an agreement about keeping our vehicles clean. I take care of the exterior & she does the interior. SHE winds up doing the glass anyway. So maybe I should have HER post here on HER methods of doing the windows!!! :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Pauleo wrote:I really should be honest here though. My wife and I have an agreement about keeping our vehicles clean. I take care of the exterior & she does the interior. SHE winds up doing the glass anyway. So maybe I should have HER post here on HER methods of doing the windows!!! :lol:
My wife and I have an agreement about our vehicles too. She messes them up and I clean them! Sharon will readily admit that her car is "an extension of her purse". Good Lord! If that's true, I don't ever want to see what women keep in their purses! :shock:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

my agreement is my wife takes care of the inside of our house and I do everything outside
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

jeff024 wrote:my agreement is my wife takes care of the inside of our house and I do everything outside
Oh! I have that agreement made also! With the severe drought & high heat that we've been having, my grass is cooked! All brown & crunchy! :!: So I have had one less chore OUTSIDE to do! No mowing needed!!! :D :moon:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jeff024 wrote:my agreement is my wife takes care of the inside of our house and I do everything outside
Being that my job title is Mr. Mom, I get to do both the inside and the outside, and everything else. :?
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Hey thanks for all the tips. My other half has no respect for a well detailed truck either. I ask her why she doesn't wash her Blazer instead of waiting for me to do it and she says she can't get it to look as good as I do. I think she playing stupid just to get me to do it. Wait a minute, Whos the stupid one here :shock: