Bumpers and bumper parts

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Bumpers and bumper parts

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Since the last time I visited this great site, a few things happened to my Crew Cab. I had someone back into the rear bumper AND the front bumper! On the front bumper, the black plastic strip was cracked. Do you guys know if this strip can be replaced, or do you have to get a whole new bumper?

And on the rear bumper, the whole bumper has to be replaced (see picture). Where is a good place to pick up a new chrome bumper? Also, one of the plastic pieces was cracked, so that needs to be replaced too.

Picture of front bumper
Picture of rear bumper

I tried looking for these parts on GMpartsdirect.com, but that site is so freekin' confusing! I can't tell what part number(s) I need. I'm also not partial to the '02 front bumper if the whole thing needs to be replaced. The '03 color matched bumper looks pretty good too.

The thing is, these hits were from members in my family... so, I can't stick it to 'em with the insurance company. This stuff never happens, but it happened twice, to me, in such a short time... *sigh* Can you guys help me make my Crew Cab look new again?

!M!
'02 Crew Cab
'73 Datsun 240Z with Buick Grand National engine swap
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Hey Mat73GNZ there was a topic at one time on here to get a book to order through LMCtruck.com to order parts. may be give that a try. just my 2 cents woth.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

go to this site and order a catalog it has every part for the s-10s in it

LMCTRUCK.COM
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Ordered the catalog. Thanks guys! :)

!M!
'02 Crew Cab
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Bumpers and bumper parts

Post by barch97 »

Mat73GNZ wrote: I had someone back into the rear bumper AND the front bumper
Must have been a really bad driver :lol:
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

With all of the S-10's out there. I would try a boneyard.
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I will look this week since I have to go to look for vacuume actuators. We could meet in Northern Il. If I find any, I will be up in the Quad Cities this weekend...
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Jeff wrote:I will look this week since I have to go to look for vacuume actuators. We could meet in Northern Il. If I find any, I will be up in the Quad Cities this weekend...
Holy cow, That would be awsome! Let me know here if you find anything. Thanks! :D

Oh, barch, the person is actually a pretty good driver, but ah, he's getting older. He's been leaving the turnsignal on, and also not looking where he's been going (obviously). :x

!M!
'02 Crew Cab
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

Hey guys, I found a 96 S-10 regular cab 2 wheel drive last night in the salvage yard, both front and rear bumper looked good, will these fit our trucks? They looked the same, but it was getting dark, and I didnt have my truck with me. I didnt get a price because I wanted to make sure that it was the right one.

As always,

Thanks for the help.
BassGuy354

Post by BassGuy354 »

They will theoretically fit, but they are different and they won't fit well. the rear bumper will need the end caps attached, which involves drilling through your bedsides (BAD IDEA), and the front will look all wrong. Buzz by s10forum.com and post a classified ad (free) to find the correct bumpers for your truck.
[size=75]~Mike[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

If you are getting some bumpers from the salvage yard I believe you need the ones from a 1998 and up S10. If this doesn't sound right, then somebody please correct me. :)

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've seen that plastic strip on the front bumper on Ebay several times. You might want to try there.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LMC lists all the parts. If you haven't signed up for the free catalog, it is time to do so.
Prices are somewhat high, but the parts break down is nice, and they do have parts that are hard to find elsewhere.

LMC Truck

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

LMC is a must have you could build any s-10 from ground up with that catalog
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]