Power steering pump blew up

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Power steering pump blew up

Post by 2bunik »

I was pulling out of the drive way and there was fluid all over the driveway.. I got off to smell it and give it the taste test as I always do.. I looked under the truck to see where it was coming from and apperantly there was a puddle in the second skid plate.. I popped the hood and fluid was everywhere.. So I started it up and fluid started dripping again.. I filled her up and did my thing.. this was SAT. then SUN I didn't do much .. on Mon morning I drove it to the dealer and he said they would look at it.. Oh and they gave me a 1996 lumina.. WONDERFUL EH! :twisted: So anyways I call the dealer to check up .. and he said I fried the power steering pump and they were ordering another one. he said the casing broke open.. I hope they dont attribute it to the lift :!: :!: .
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

i had a '90 Lumina before my truck.... :oops:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I tell you what .. the lumina halls butte. :shock: for a lumina
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

mine had a 3.1L V6. good car. until all the problems started happening (parts failures). it had the EURO package. 8) all together now: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" or not. :roll:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

They replaced the pump. the papre says that shaft was loose and it was leaking from the power steering shaft.. oh and i told them about the hot feet fix.. and I also told them about the guage doing funny things.. he said they looked it up and there was an updated fix. :wink: so they reprogrammed something and I hope it is fixxed now... Oh an not one thing was mentioned about the body lift nor the 31's.. :shock: :D