Just joined

Forum rules, questions, How-to's for posting pictures and making links, etc..

Moderator: HenryJ

Gonefishing

Just joined

Post by Gonefishing »

Hey all long time GM guy here. This is my third s10; first crew cab and I absolutely love it! So I picked this thing up for 700 bucks with a bad fuel pump, bad tires and I knew something was up with the front end. Paid my shop $340 to replace the fuel pump and bought a set of hankook dynapro all terrains at cost. The benefits of working at a shop! After inspecting my front end I decided to go through and replace all of my steering components. So last Saturday Memorial Day weekend I took advantage and woke up early as if I was going to work and I replaced my pitman arm, idler arm, inner outer tie rods and adjusting sleeves. All went smooth as planned until I went to reinstall the power steering pressure line back into the gearbox. The threads were toast and the nut was seized on the line. So now I’m going to have to pull the power steering pump out just so I can get to the other end of that damn pressure line. I put it off to enjoy my days off. I usually work six days a week so Sunday and Monday were for me and my family. We had a blast. Anyways I’m tackling that damn pressure line this Sunday which should be a piece of cake it’s just more work than I had anticipated doing. I’ll post pics and what I plan to do in the near future soon as I figure out how to set my avatar and upload pics that is haha. So yeah all together I’ve got about 2 grand into it and there is more to come. I’ve got some rust spots that need fixing and I want to add a leaf in the rear. Oh and it’s imperative that I do the heater core sometime this summer before winter rolls around. That said I look forward to being a part of this community seems like y’all got a solid group of people here who respect and help each other out whenever possible.
“Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God.”

2003 GMC Sonoma ( 3rd S10 I’ve owned )
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L