Need a 1st gen AC compressor support arm for 2.8 engine

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Need a 1st gen AC compressor support arm for 2.8 engine

Post by killian96ss »

If any of you guys happen to visit a salvage yard anytime soon can you help me find a part? I am looking for an AC support arm/bracket for a 1st gen S10 (87-93 w/serpentine belt) with the 2.8 engine. I don't need the main bracket which is made of aluminum which bolts to the front of the engine, I just need the steel support bracket/s that bolt to the compressor and somewhere else like the intake, head, etc. I need this bracket/s in order to run one of those AC delete pulleys. If anyone happens to find these brackets please grab them and send me a msg and I'll send you $ to cover the part, shipping, and your time. For some reason I'm having a really hard time finding these brackets?!?!? :?:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Need a 1st gen AC compressor support arm for 2.8 engine

Post by HenryJ »

Message sent to my local first gen S-10 hoarder.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Need a 1st gen AC compressor support arm for 2.8 engine

Post by killian96ss »

Thanks Brule, I found one today that might work if I use a much longer mounting bolt so we will see. I searched 40+ S10's today and only found 1 brace on a 91 that might fit my 87! If he comes up with something, just shoot me a msg.

Steve