Sold my CC, went a new direction (thanks a bit to my wife)

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Sold my CC, went a new direction (thanks a bit to my wife)

Post by Swbari00 »

I kinda up and left this place when I sold my truck in '08, and had TONS of help from some great people in here while dealing with issues my truck had.

Anyway, I came across the site again and it reminded me of how helpful this place was so I figure I can lurk here and help out when I can.

I sold my CC (well traded) for a Scion xD which I really do love, though I sure do miss the 4x4 option. Gas mileage was a big factor in trading the CC and also I really missed driving a manual trans. The wife put the bug in me to get a smaller vehicle, not thinking I would bite. Well I did and we both (me really) decided on the Scion.

I am more of an audio person than off-road person anyway and the Scion works a bit better for that than the CC. I'm not sure how ok it is to post pics of my Scion and what I have done to it in here so I will refrain unless someone says it's ok.

I shall be around, probably the electrical sections as that is what I know most about. Cheers! and thanks again for all those who helped me out so much here!

:rah:
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Sold my CC, went a new direction (thanks a bit to my wif

Post by HenryJ »

Thanks for posting up! It is indeed nice to hear about what vehicles others have ended up with.
Post a picture of your latest ride if you get the chance.
Thanks for sticking around. We can have our moments, but if you stick it out, there really is a great community here.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Sold my CC, went a new direction (thanks a bit to my wif

Post by Swbari00 »

No problem. My Scion is bone stock on the outside, it's the inside where it gets fun. So far the loudest I have gotten is a 142.7db, but with some tweaking in the future that should go up too.

My system consists of the following:
Headunit-stock navi unit
Sound Processor-Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2
Mids and Highs-Rockford Fosgate T1562-s (6.5" components)
Subs-2 12" DC Audio level 4 TFS series (Igors)
Amps:
Rockford Fosgate T400.4 (mids and highs)
Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bdcp (subs)

Pics:
Mids and Highs amp under front passenger seat

Bass knob (makes the bass go boom)

Mids and highs

Subs and sub amp

Sub box (fiberglassed to fit the spare tire well)
this was before any layers, just a couple layers, strong enough to take it out and build the MDF frame

and finally what the car looks like
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!