I looked at these when...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I looked at these when...

Post by nebby58 »

I looked at these when I was looking for a vehical. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but the car I really wanted was a Mitsubishi Eclipse. I spent hours trying to find one. Didn't even look at trucks until I made a spontanious purchase on my CC. Don't regret anything.
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
Glassjaw
Regular
Regular

Re: Selling my car

Post by Glassjaw »

me either. my mom had a sonoma cc and i tried like hell to buy it from her when she was selling it but she wanted to much and refused to budge (nice, huh?) but i held out and got mine with 40k less and way better shape. Im glad i waited. I absolutly love this truck
2002 Chevy Crew Cab LS
1993 S10 Standard cab, Short bed (summer fun) 5.7 TBI 4.10 rear 700r4 Stage II 2 inch spindles 2 inch springs 4 inch blocks
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

The selling point for me on these was the condition. I test drove a 2002 silverado POS with everything tore up. Smelled like manure. Salesman showed me my CC. The first time I test drove it, There was a door panel that shook terribly. It was hot and smelled like diapers. My mom hated it, so I didn't think there was any chance of buying it. Drove a trailblazer under warrenty. Didn't like it, but that was what I was going to get. Debated it for a while. Said that I drove a great s10 just to get out of buying the trailblazer. Ended up that it was the truck I was going to get even though I was unsure about it at the time. After I made it my own, there was no turning back. This forum made the owning experience 10x better.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Sorry, I'm kinda changing the title of the tread to "How I bought my s-10" :lol:
Glassjaw
Regular
Regular

Post by Glassjaw »

haha its ok. ive owned several S10's the longest being my 93. almost 4 years now. Everytime i sell one of these trucks i kinda feel bad. no matter how many times i swore that they were all junk i honestly cant remember a time when 1 of them left me stranded. my fiance wanted an suv and i needed a truck for work. the CC was the first thing i told her about and she didnt seem interested. i went out on a limb and bought this and she loves it. Ive owned just baout every year of S10 except 94 to 98 an 03-04 had a couple 87s and a couple 85s
2002 Chevy Crew Cab LS
1993 S10 Standard cab, Short bed (summer fun) 5.7 TBI 4.10 rear 700r4 Stage II 2 inch spindles 2 inch springs 4 inch blocks
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Here is my take on s-10s: Would I take it on a cross country road trip? Probably not. Would I cut the muffler off, throw on a glasspack and drive around a rural town. Of course! You can't have any fun with a vehical that is under warrenty, because once you do, there goes the warrenty! :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

nebby58 wrote:Would I take it on a cross country road trip? Probably not.
Build some confidence. That 4.3L V6 is a very dependable engine. I know more than one who has traveled thousands of miles to go offroading and after some fun offroad traveled back across the country. It makes a wonderful road trip rig.
You can't have any fun with a vehical that is under warrenty, because once you do, there goes the warrenty!
Read up on the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. There is a copy on our stock information pages.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Glassjaw
Regular
Regular

Post by Glassjaw »

agreed! 4.3s are a proven engine. my 93 had one in it with 158k and would still chirp second gear with a 4L60 and a 3.42. eventually i got used to it and swapped the engine and gears to a 5.7 with 4.10s.......GOOD GOD! it was an all new animal. i also looked at colorado crews but im not real familiar with the 5 cyl, nor was i fond of it. i already knew that the 4.3 was proven over the 17+ years it was in the S10s. and in the silverados til just recently i think.
2002 Chevy Crew Cab LS
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

A stock s-10 I would. I trust the car, not myself. The main one that scares me was the CAI. It kept falling off. And the glasspack. When I cut off my muffler, I declared it my project car. An inexperienced mechanic with only a hacksaw usually doesn't turn out very good! :lol:
Glassjaw
Regular
Regular

Post by Glassjaw »

If your not sure about something when working on a car, ask someone, if your still not sure, see if someone will show you. Thats how i learned. The only way your gonna learn is to do it. dont take any shortcuts. do things right the first time. the only thing your get when you take short cuts is a shorter life on whatever your replacing and possibly other parts as well. just be pateint and give it time.
2002 Chevy Crew Cab LS
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Yeah, I'm learning as I go. The main problem I am having is that I come from a family where the only real tool is a phone to call a professional to finish the job, but I make due. :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

nebby58 wrote:Yeah, I'm learning as I go. The main problem I am having is that I come from a family where the only real tool is a phone to call a professional to finish the job, but I make due. :lol:
Get a price quote on a particular repair job from the dealer or a "reputable/competent" repair shop. Then research the tools and procedures required. More often than not, you'll be able to buy the tools, do the job and save money. If, it doesn't happen on the first repair, those tools will be there forever. You'll break even or do better on the next repair. There is a world of information here on the internet. Refuse to be at someone's mercy, when it seems like a helpless situation.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

F9K9 wrote:
nebby58 wrote:Yeah, I'm learning as I go. The main problem I am having is that I come from a family where the only real tool is a phone to call a professional to finish the job, but I make due. :lol:
Get a price quote on a particular repair job from the dealer or a "reputable/competent" repair shop. Then research the tools and procedures required. More often than not, you'll be able to buy the tools, do the job and save money. If, it doesn't happen on the first repair, those tools will be there forever. You'll break even or do better on the next repair. There is a world of information here on the internet. Refuse to be at someone's mercy, when it seems like a helpless situation.
I am right now. Three wires (at least) were broken in my transmission, and they had to order a new wire harness.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Ummmm, just wondering here. How'd the wires inside the trans get broken or are you referring to the external wire harness??
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Had a shop install the BL and something went wrong.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Ahhhh I see them wires didn't want to stretch did they?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Actually, I think that they talked to each other and said, "Hey! Lets piss Ben off and break! Then we'll be in the shop for weeks!" :lol:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

nebby58 wrote:Actually, I think that they talked to each other and said, "Hey! Lets piss Ben off and break! Then we'll be in the shop for weeks!" :lol:
Oh! One of them conspiratorial refuge from the owner things. :lol: 8)
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

roadrunner wrote:
nebby58 wrote:Actually, I think that they talked to each other and said, "Hey! Lets piss Ben off and break! Then we'll be in the shop for weeks!" :lol:
Oh! One of them conspiratorial refuge from the owner things. :lol: 8)
Exactly :roflmao: