Another Crew bites the dust (or the trade in lot)

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Gary H
Crew
Crew

Another Crew bites the dust (or the trade in lot)

Post by Gary H »

I was starting to have a lot of problems with the old CC, and then there was the gas mileage and rising gas prices...

Then I found this little beast:

I just couldn't pass it up. Too much fun (and a lot better gas mileage). At least I still have the Jeep for off roading.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Another Crew bites the dust (or the trade in lot)

Post by WileyHunter »

My wife says I have issues... I let out a *sigh* each time I see a new post in this thread... And the local Credit Union (where I financed my CC) has had 2 in the lot on repo's lately... I asked the Credit Union Manager about both of them, as if I could really afford them. I guess some people save stray cats, I want to save the stray CC's :D I am sick aren't I... *Sigh*
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm sad to see the crew go. Nice to see you in a happy new ride though. I too went through my VW phase. I survived it though :)
It takes deep pockets to own one. Glad to see you are doing well ;) j/k
Are you getting an Ipad to go with it? :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

HenryJ wrote:Are you getting an Ipad to go with it? :lol:
Nah! Already have an iPhone! :lol:

I sort of hated to get rid of the Crew but after my wife was done beating the heck out of it driving to and from work for a few years (door dings, dents, stuff spilled in the interior, etc) and all the little mechanical problem (some weren't that little), I decided it was time. Then there is the rising gas prices. On a note of irony though, I just discovered this morning that the GTI only uses premium fuel. Didn't thiink about that!

WileyHunter,

Yeah, I have a thing for saving orphaned cars and other things too. Somebody gave me a motorcycle last year and I'm still pouring money into it trying to get it running. Hmm, maybe that was why it was free? :?: Could have bought a nice used one by now. Oh well!
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Oh, hey Brule. Do you still have the picture that was on the front page of the old S-10Crewcab.com site? I wonder if the other three are still around.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Iphone rocks! :rock: Wish I had one :( The Touch is as good as I can do.

This picture?

I don't recall any "former" trucks showing back up here with their new owners.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Yeah, that's the picture. I wanted a copy to save so I could reflect back on the glory days of the old CrewCab. Unfortunately, after I got it back from my wife who beat the stuffing out of the poor beast for 3 years by driving it in Northern Va traffic to work everyday, it just never looked that good anymore. I think the white one next to mine was Jeff's (Gocountry?) and I can't remember the other two.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Gary H wrote:Yeah, that's the picture. I wanted a copy to save so I could reflect back on the glory days of the old CrewCab. Unfortunately, after I got it back from my wife who beat the stuffing out of the poor beast for 3 years by driving it in Northern Va traffic to work everyday, it just never looked that good anymore. I think the white one next to mine was Jeff's (Gocountry?) and I can't remember the other two.
Yep The White One Was Mine, The Tan One Was "Jeff024" And I Can't Remember Who The Other Red One Was....
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

The Other Red One Was SomeCrew.....
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Yeah, that's it. That was a fun day! So Jeff, how have you been doing? I saw a white CC going down the road the other day and thought about you although I know you traded yours in too. (I don't think it was your old CC though)

Anyone ever hear from quickbiker anymore?I met up with him about a year ago on a trail ride but haven't seen him since.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I'd look on Pirate for Paul.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey all, I'm still here. Been on a long work trip away from home, but I'm back now. Been working out the kinks from some of our vehicles (my truck and wife's Blazer). My truck has a P0300 code, have a fuel pump coming in this week. I already replaced the coil, coil control module, dist cap/rotor, wires, plugs. Wife blew up the engine in her new old toy, 2000 Blazer. That's what happens when red dash lights are ignored. Anyhow, I'm back and should be wheeling a bit more now. My truck is still running strong. Just had the front axle kinda rebuilt, new bearings, u-joints and locking hubs. Guess it has been some hard 50k miles of wheeling on that front axle. Got about 122k miles on it now.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:Hey all, I'm still here.
Awesome! Glad to hear it still lives.

- ThunderII KE7CSK