HIDs, LEDs, SNOW, and a Dog

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

HIDs, LEDs, SNOW, and a Dog

Post by F9K9 »

Pretty wild President's here in SE KY. I have have been trying to get my crew ready for MOAB '10 but, the weather is not cooperating so, I have just been messing around with my current DD. I have not seen much snow for decades but, as most locals are whining about the snow, I am loving it.

ImageImage
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: HIDs, LEDs, SNOW, and a Dog

Post by DLP »

I love the snow as much as the next guy. But I hope it holds off this week. Making a 30+ hour round trip from Michigan to Florida and back starting Thursday. I scored a motor and trans from a 2003 CC with 80,000 miles. Plan on keeping my truck for several years to come. These will be very cheep insurance! I will honk on my way through. :wave:
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

How much?
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That looks like enough light to melt the snow! :evil:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

The ground clearance on your Heep is awesome.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

border man wrote:How much?
I 'm parked on a knoll on purpose. Snow and heavy rains has been a problem for my particular cold air intake. Water gets unto it and there has been a few motors hydro-locked(sp). So, the grass is visible under the heep from the wind blowing it off. Snow drifts are about knee deep but, only about 6 inches have fallen. Nothing compared to our brethren located in WV and elsewhere but, welcomed here. Last decent snow that I recall, was when my g ride was a 1990 full size Bronco so, it's been over 15 years.
border man wrote:The ground clearance on your Heep is awesome.
Thanks! If, Brule's rule for horsepower is true (I think it is something like $100 = 1 hp gained) then inches in ground clearance are even more costly. $1,000 for 2 inches gained through going from 31" to 35" meats and $1300+ to get the break over angle raised 2.5" with raising the transfer case. Pardon the pun :lol: but, things tend to snowball with any mod. The TC skid requires a 1" BL, 1" motor mount lift and 2 custom drive shafts. :crazy:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I almost got a jeep instead of a CC, but I couldnt stand the thought of not having a bed, lol. But from those silhouette shots, it looks pretty bad arse. The tires just look mean!

Well sounds like you got more snow then I got locally. Its everyone else in WV! lol.
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

Nice Heep and cool dog.

I like the snow as well. But this year I broke my wrist and my truck in the first of the snow storms we had. At that point the fun was over for me this winter. :( I'm ready for some spring now. I keep waiting for the snow and cold to give us enough of a break to get my rear axle swapped. As for the wrist I went to the DR today they cut the cast off and removed 3 3" long pins that held my wrist together as it healed. Now I have a brace for 2 more weeks then I can go back to light duty. But for now I'm sitting at the window watching the snow fall yet again.

Chris.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I'm glad all of you enjoy the snow, I'd ship all of you some if I could. Last day off was Jan. 24th, and looks like it will be at least another 8-9 days until I can get a day off. To all you snow lovers, ENJOY!!
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Keep the plow running!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Have to say all this grass in my back yard is depressing. We have had no snow in weeks, raises havoc on my house with no snow to insulate the foundation. :lol:

Dog was black until bleached by the lights :D
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Reed, I was about 75 mi north of you today. If I would have had the time, I'd loved to have ventured down your way, but it was an out and back trip to pick up my daughter's boyfriend and his buddy after their Jeep laid down on them.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rlrnr53 wrote:Reed, I was about 75 mi north of you today.........................
Mitch, You were probably within 3 miles of me. I am temporarily staying in Owingsville, just off of I-64. It's a shame we don't have a thread where we can voluntarily list our numbers and addresses. Hmmmmmmmmmm :angel: