Crewcab Gone

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Crewcab Gone

Post by groceryman »

This saturday got a 2004 Silverado 2500 crew cab lt 4x4 went from white to black hated to see the crewcab go very good truck but not enough room for the growing family It has all the bells and whistles heated seats bose sound system got a good trade in salesman said he already had it sold.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A mass exodus.

What engine did you get?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:A mass exodus...........................
LMAO :lol:
I will hang as long as you do. Maybe more beers over a campfire next yr watching the sun set. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

This time we will not be on a three day tour with reservations. Valley of Goblins or Gila National forest. More time to kick back and swap stories.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

Got the 6.0 liter
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A fellow firefighter here had one with the 6L for about a month. He traded for the diesel since he tows a camper.

Enjoy!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

:shock: When I see all of these people getting rid of their Crew Cabs, all I can think of is how I wish I still had mine. :(

For a mid sized truck, I still think the S10 CC looks better than anything else out there, old or new. 8)

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:............ More time to kick back and swap stories.
I concur!Image Whirlwind tours have their downsides.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

I can understand the eventual bailout of the CC's, with the 2004 models now 5 years old, and guys wanting to upgrade. Especially if it is your main ride.

I like Reed will be in mine till it dies. It's not my main ride, even though I drive it to work everyday. Just flat out like it! :wink:
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Even though I just got mine I have always wanted one. I have always had s10's so I'm going to keep it for the long haul... My last one was a 1993 s10 blazer and when I sold it it had 247,000 miles on and still ran good. The guy just took it from Fl. to Ny. and back with no problems...
My wife drives a 2001 GMC Jimmy. So I have two.
Last edited by Jongo88 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

As long as I can get something stock, beat in to place or welded up to make mine go, IT WILL LIVE ON !! 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

groceryman had owned his quite awhile and worked it hard. He joined us late after having owned it awhile Sounded like he worked it hard and it held up for him, IIRC. I have no problems with people moving on.

Seems almost impossible that I am going on 5 yrs with mine. My extended warranty expires in May and that was when I originally planned to slide some Ford axles under it to do some serious wheeling with it. Those plans have changed a little for now. I want to keep it for expedition style wheeling and be able drive it out west to do that. I didn't think twice about traveling 3,500 miles to do Moab this past October in it and I will do it again next year. I am currently messing and playing with a heep rubi for serious stuff here locally but, I want both to be daily drivers.

We all have different priorities and financial situations. Many members here have become friends and they may become life long friends. No one expects anyone to keep a CC forever. :lol:
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

HenryJ wrote:A mass exodus.
Hey, not all of us are leaving. Some of us are actually coming back!

The wife bought a 2005 4Runner and gave me back the CC.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Gary H wrote:...gave me back the CC.
Fur reals?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Yeah, what's left of it anyway. I don't know what's with women and cars. They get all bent out of shape when the house is dirty but I've never seen anyone trash a car like some women I've known!

Junk everywhere, unidentifiable stuff spilled on the seats and carpets, dings, dents and scratches all over the outside. Sheesh, this thing used to be my "baby". :(

Remember when it used to look like this (the one on the right)?
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Gary H wrote:...They get all bent out of shape when the house is dirty but I've never seen anyone trash a car like some women I've known
OMG :shock: We married the same woman!
Yours doesn't have about a dozen sets of sunglasses stuffed and lost everywhere. All missing various parts or scratched beyond functional?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

No, but I do feel like I live in a public library. She has a thing for books. There are book shelves in every room in the house (yeah, even the bathroom).

At least I keep all my "stuff" in the garage.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:.............Yours doesn't have about a dozen sets of sunglasses stuffed and lost everywhere. All missing various parts or scratched beyond functional?
Mine just loses Oakleys and denies it! Just glad that I still have military and law enforcement contacts that get 50% off with an order of $200 and above.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Gary H wrote:Yeah, what's left of it anyway. I don't know what's with women and cars. They get all bent out of shape when the house is dirty but I've never seen anyone trash a car like some women I've known!

Junk everywhere, unidentifiable stuff spilled on the seats and carpets, dings, dents and scratches all over the outside. Sheesh, this thing used to be my "baby". :(

Remember when it used to look like this (the one on the right)?
I think I have seen the truck on the far left before
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Yeah, I remember that trail ride well even though it's been a while now. It was a lot of fun. So, how ya been Jeff?
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

HenryJ wrote:OMG :shock: We married the same woman!
Nope, one of you may have married my-ex. :lol: Anyway, I'm keeping mine until it dies.....It's been 8 yrs now, and I can't afford a new truck, so it stays. Heck, I still got new parts that I bought almost two years ago that need to go on it. :evil:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Your only ex was your first 883 at 4 yrs old! :wink:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Gary H wrote:Yeah, I remember that trail ride well even though it's been a while now. It was a lot of fun. So, how ya been Jeff?
been good.
Ive been back to the GWNF 3 times in the last 2 months .just did a trail cleanup with about 50+ trucks and it went well
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

Gary H wrote:Yeah, what's left of it anyway. I don't know what's with women and cars. They get all bent out of shape when the house is dirty but I've never seen anyone trash a car like some women I've known!

Junk everywhere, unidentifiable stuff spilled on the seats and carpets, dings, dents and scratches all over the outside. Sheesh, this thing used to be my "baby".
This is one good reason why I'm not married....She's NOT getting MY truck!! :lol:
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:.............This is one good reason why I'm not married....She's NOT getting MY truck!! :lol:
My wife has only driven mine 3 times in 5 yrs. Once because she was the DD and the other 2x was under duress! :lol: She hates anything with 4 doors! :wink:
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Gary H wrote:Yeah, I remember that trail ride well even though it's been a while now. It was a lot of fun. So, how ya been Jeff?
:wave: Hey Gary, Doing Well... Need More Sleep & Less Work But That's How It Goes :lol: How's Thing Going On Your End??
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

jeff024 wrote:
been good.
Ive been back to the GWNF 3 times in the last 2 months .just did a trail cleanup with about 50+ trucks and it went well
I wanted to go on one of the clean-ups with Nova Jeepers but too many family things keep getting in the way. I hope to at least go on a couple of trail rides this year.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:

Junk everywhere, unidentifiable stuff spilled on the seats and carpets, dings, dents and scratches all over the outside. Sheesh, this thing used to be my "baby".
This is one good reason why I'm not married....She's NOT getting MY truck!! :lol:
I'm glad she doesn't want my Jeep! I'm afraid to think of what she could do to that leather interior!
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

gocntry wrote:
:wave: Hey Gary, Doing Well... Need More Sleep & Less Work But That's How It Goes :lol: How's Thing Going On Your End??
Been busy. Between still doing the "Mr Mom" stuff and now driving a school bus for PWC, I never seem to have any time for fun these days. I joined a Jeep club (Novajeepers) but seldom have any time to do anything with them. Did finally manage to go on the New Years trail ride with Core in January.

Me going through the "truck wash" at Green Ridge:
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gary H wrote:............Me going through the "truck wash" at Green Ridge:
No mud! I wanna be on your team!
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Oh, I get into the mud occasionally. Right now it's down at a local 4x4 shop getting an 8.8 Explorer rear (good bye weak old Dana 35c) with lockers and 4.56 gears front and rear so I can really play in the mud!
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]