And Yet Another One Gone....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

And Yet Another One Gone....

Post by gocntry »

I Made The Swap To Fullsize Yesterday.....

Went From This:

To This:
Image Resized pic inserted JW
Two Years Newer, About The Same Mileage As My S-10 Crew, 5.3 V-8 Now With The Same Gas Milage As The 4.3 And My Insurance Went Down By A Dollar A Year.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That makes a pair that have gone to the white Tahoes siren song.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Been dropping like flies lately!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The trucks are aging rapidly. Salvage yards are not going to have them anymore, soon.

The one here locally got moved to the archive yard. The rest will be crushed soon. Perhaps in the next year or so. Older than five years the profit really drops.

Hard core guys will keep them and keep fixing them. Others will take the easy road and find something a little newer and with fewer problems. The draw to fullsize is easy when your mileage is as poor as ours.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Did the sliders go with the truck?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

f9k9 wrote:Did the sliders go with the truck?
not sure what the s10 measures but I put these on my frontier http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html
I used the 78" you guys might be able to make some work
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:
not sure what the s10 measures but I put these on my frontier http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html
I used the 78" you guys might be able to make some work
We both bought from Chris on ZR2.com (RIP) but, he got the added rails. I was just curious. They won't work with my BJ.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote: They won't work with my BJ.
:shock: you got one of those! :lol:

Freudian slip perhaps? :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

Love my Hoe, can't beat the V8 for power and quietness.
Last edited by Jim on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

White hoes and BJ. We are going to have to flag this NWS! ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

Speak for yourself... me and the rest of the dirty youngsters just found our favorite thread!!!

Other than this reminding me of 5th ave downtown Pittsburgh. - $20....
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Nope, I Have A Pile Of Parts To Sell, The Only Thing That Went With The Truck Was The Cap, Cowl Hood & Front Aluminum Skid (Didn't Have The Factory One To Swap).
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Those Sliders will be a sweet deal for someone that doesn't have a "BL". They need not have the ZR5 package but, have them installed thru welding,

Hate to see you move on but, that is life! PM your email address if, you want and we can stay in touch!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wonder if they could be modified to fit with a body lift?
Those sliders would make a good addition for anyone.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Jim wrote:Love my Hoe, can't beat the V8 for power and quietness.
[img]

Yep Sure Is Different From The S-10, My Has The 5.3 And I'm Getting The Same If Not Better Gas Milage Than My 4.3, And It Doesn't Have That Annoying Balance Shaft Rattle My S-10 Had.

I Went To The Landfill The Other Day And My Tahoe With Just Me & My Wife Tipped The Scales At 5880 Lbs. :shock:
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote:Wonder if they could be modified to fit with a body lift?
I'm Sure You Could Cut The Mounting Plates Off The Slider & Re-Do A New Mounting Plate.

It Probably Wouldn't Look To Bad Mounted As-Is With A 2" Bl With The Design They Are....

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Hate to see you move on but, that is life! PM your email address if, you want and we can stay in touch!
It Was Time For Me To Upgrade, Bigger Truck For The Family, Less Rattles & Squeaks Than My Crew & The Towing Capacity Works Out Great For The Camper I Bought Last Summer.

But I'll Still Be Watching The Site, It Will Be Interesting To See How Your SFA Works Out On Your Crew.

I Pm'd You My E-mail But The E-mail Button Under My Signature Is Still Linked To My E-mail Address Also.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Wonder if they could be modified to fit with a body lift?
I don't know how much more 2 vehicle modding I can handle. :lol: Those rails that Jeff had added cost over $100 on top of the price I paid I paid for mine. There are only 2 sets custom made for the ZR5 and his is the nicest. I am thinking that they will avoid modifications required on the e-brake for non ZR5 BL CCs and just welded on. If, the price is good, I might be interested. Mine has saved my bacon many times as you witnessed when you bypassed that one obstacle on the "Fins and Things" trail at Moab.
Jeff if, you haven't been in the military, we are basically dividing up you gear like we would if, you were KIA in battle. Helping out the family even before the remains arrive home. :wink:
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Figures! I finally rejoin the party and now everyone is leaving. :?
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gary H wrote:Figures! I finally rejoin the party and now everyone is leaving. :?
Nah, we are just weeding out a little. Your original cast still keeps in touch. :wink:
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Just like family!
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]