Receiver hitch motorcycle carrier

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Receiver hitch motorcycle carrier

Post by HenryJ »

This is the AMC-400 from Discount Ramps. It sells for $159.99 shipped. I added a couple clearance lamps for tail lights and a pair to act as turn/brake lights. I had to build a 6" hitch extension to clear the spare.

Image Image

The only problem I see is that my rear plate is hard to see. That might draw some attention from the wrong place. Other than that I think the set-up is great. It fits and rides well back there.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks almost perfect and amazing, as usual! I do think the ratchet straps are a tad "loud" for your overall scheme of things! :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Is there much up and down bounce while traveling or does it fit rather tight? Also, how do you load it?
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The hitch extender I built bolts on to the carrier tight. The hitch has a locking plate that tightens three bolts against the trucks hitch to tighten that together. That takes almost all the wiggle out of the hitch.

I ran straps to the rear recovery hooks to help eliminate any more movement. It rides pretty good. There is a little movement back there , but nothing worrisome.

To load it the aluminum ramp is removed from where it is wing nutted to the top front of the rack. It hooks over the bar on the top of the right (passenger) side.

The bike can be pushed up the ramp on to the rack.

There are lots more pictures of the carrier on the page from the Discount Ramps website

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

At some point you're going to have to bite the bullet and get a trailer. Of course, you'll probably get to this point before that happens...

:lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Actually, I have a nice car trailer. It is a bit much for just one bike though , and granny likes to ride higher for the view ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK