my super crew cab....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

phatfarmer2

my super crew cab....

Post by phatfarmer2 »

its not tehnically a crew cab, but more or less it is... well kinda... pics will speak for themself... its still in the work and shoudl be pretty close to completion next weekend...

start with an s10

and an envoy...

strip both..

cut both and add a crew cab door...

and you get this..

yup sunroof...

5th door? yup..

frame stretched

mocked up...

final assembly... this it what it looks like now...
mis mathced interior for now...

so if your confused at what your looking at, its an envoy front half with crew cab doors behind the front doors, and then an extend cab s10 portion added on to all that, with a 5th door, and a 3" body lift...

so essentially its a crew cab xtd cab.... with envoy features.. lol

future plans are v8 swap, 6' inch lift, paint, blazer tail lights and some small body mods, this truck is going to be my daily driver and used to tow my bagged and body dropped blazer around to shows...

so yeah figured you guys might like this project..
Last edited by phatfarmer2 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Absolutely COOL! This makes strecthing a CC to long bed legnth a cake walk.
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Nice first post!Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

WOW! Someone had some serious time to kill Image. What a great effort can,t wait to see it all done. Just FYI Brule will be linking all these photos, we have a 100kb limit on size to help out our unfortunate dial-up brothers.

Welcome aboard
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
phatfarmer2

Post by phatfarmer2 »

04crewvt wrote:WOW! Someone had some serious time to kill Image. What a great effort can,t wait to see it all done. Just FYI Brule will be linking all these photos, we have a 100kb limit on size to help out our unfortunate dial-up brothers.

Welcome aboard
thanks man....

ohh my bad i thought linking the photos how i did was ok.... sorry about that... i read the 100k max thing i though it was if you upload the pics to the site...
phatfarmer2

Post by phatfarmer2 »

pictures all fixed to conform with forum rules....
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

phatfarmer2 wrote:pictures all fixed to conform with forum rules....
Thank you very much!

I don't know what to say. It is beyond my imagination! Nice job!

What color? Any links to the towed ride?

Where are you located? I think we have a member that would love a stretch and you look like THE guy to fill in the details.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
phatfarmer2

Post by phatfarmer2 »

HenryJ wrote:
phatfarmer2 wrote:pictures all fixed to conform with forum rules....
Thank you very much!

I don't know what to say. It is beyond my imagination! Nice job!

What color? Any links to the towed ride?

Where are you located? I think we have a member that would love a stretch and you look like THE guy to fill in the details.
heres a pic of the ride to be towed... i dont like towing it, but when i go to far away shows i like to have a good piece of mind knowign that it wont break down...

88 s10 blazer from bone 100% stock to this... bagged, bodydropped, v8 swap, 55 chevy sheetmetal dash..and so on... all built by myself... down to the body work and primer... only thing i didnt do was the actually paint work, and my bench seat...

here is a semi complete build thread of the truck.. its not from day one, but a year into it... im on about year 5-6 now... lol

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49198

ohhh and im from north jersey...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That would win my sons heart. Green is his favorite color.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

Hi, 41 yr old dummy with a noob question. What in the dang tarnation does "bagged" mean?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
phatfarmer2

Post by phatfarmer2 »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:Hi, 41 yr old dummy with a noob question. What in the dang tarnation does "bagged" mean?
air bag suspension...
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

phatfarmer2 wrote:
YellowCrewCabber wrote:Hi, 41 yr old dummy with a noob question. What in the dang tarnation does "bagged" mean?
air bag suspension...
Does that make the "ride" bouncy?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
blackflamed
Crew
Crew

Post by blackflamed »

wow pretty kool
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

That's nice but, you're going to need a 40 acre field to turn it around :lol:
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea and mooring lines to dock it. I bet it comes close to the 21ft long GMC I wanted a few years back, it was the extended 4 door cab with the 8ft bed.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

That is awesome!! You have to keep us updated as you continue working on this project truck!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
phatfarmer2

Post by phatfarmer2 »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:
phatfarmer2 wrote:
air bag suspension...
Does that make the "ride" bouncy?
i run shocks as well rides like a dream, like floating on a cloud...

04crewvt wrote:Yea and mooring lines to dock it. I bet it comes close to the 21ft long GMC I wanted a few years back, it was the extended 4 door cab with the 8ft bed.
its 19 foot 8 inches.. its about one foot or so smaller then a crew cab long bed dodge ram, and its about 8 inches longer then a newer suburban....

ohh and tehnically i do own a crew cab, but just the cab.. its actually a brand new cab that is in factory ecoat, however i bought it from a guy i know who actually built the first crew cab long bed s10, but then he parted it out, it was painted with spray bomb, the brand new cab was actullay sittign in a junkyard with all branded new doors, and a crew cab bed...... so i bought it to originally do this mod to, but i used an envoy to make it easier, its a long story why.. lol all i used from the crew cab was the rear doors...

used to belong on this truck...

GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Martin! You made it over here!

The truck in person is sweet. Its pretty friggin long lol
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]