Where to find these???

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Where to find these???

Post by Rockrz »

OK, so I'm about to install a nice bed cover ( http://www.GTtruckproducts.com/2.html ), and I'd like to find some of those cargo bars that you can use in the bed.

The ones I've seen are similar to what some of the 18 wheelers use in their big trailers that have rubber feet on each end and are spread out and locked into position against each wall to hold cargo in place.

I saw some once that were made for pickups, but I can't remember
where, so if anyone knows where to git these please lemme know.

I just installed my ZQ8 Wheels and 235/60/16 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity 70k touring tires, and took some pics while I was at it...
(hopefully, these pics aren't too big)

[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Don't know about the bed cober or bars, but man, that is one nice looking truck. Never cared much for white, but yours takes the cake! Sweet!!!!
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Pretty standard item, Take a look for cargo bars on JC Whitney site or PartsAmerica.com or most any auto parts store in your area.
Cargo Bar
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

okie s10 wrote:Don't know about the bed cober or bars, but man, that is one nice looking truck. Never cared much for white, but yours takes the cake! Sweet!!!!
Thanks. Don't know why, but a few years ago when I got a great deal
on my '96 S10 truck, it was white and I guess I grew on me.

Prior to owning that truck, I never thought too much about white.
Once I got these ZQ8 wheels on there, it made the truck much better.

Yep, I'll check those sites to see if they have these cargo bars
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
Capt. Morgan
Crew
Crew

Post by Capt. Morgan »

if you can find them there go to a truck stop and look if its a big travel center they should have them in stock they should fit
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Actually there is a big truck stop not far from me,
so that is something I can check next time I go by there.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Rockrz, that brings back memories of my 96 ext cab that was toataled in a head on. Yours looks great. I'm like you, I didn't think much about white until I got mine. I guess it (white) grows on you. thats one good looking truck, I really like the wheels.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Thanks...It does look alot better with these wheels.

Speaking of these wheels, I bought this set brand new almost 3 years ago, long before I got this 03 truck since I knew these were the ones I wanted.

Got the complete set including new lug nuts, lug nut covers, and center pieces off of eBay for $570 including shipping...and I found out after I made the purchase that it was a GM dealership that was selling them

I asked the guy why so cheap (these were brand new, BTW) and he said they sold stuff for cost on eBay so they could keep their parts sales up, which if they fell below a certain quota GM raised their prices.

At any rate, I had my '96 for about 7 years and I'll prolly have this one longer than that. I'll probably put in a nice Jasper engine and reman tranny at around 200k to 250k whether it needs it or not, so I can enjoy a few more years driving it.

It only had 75k on it when I got it, so it's just now breaking in good.