I bailed out of my Crew Cab

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

anvil
Crew
Crew

I bailed out of my Crew Cab

Post by anvil »

I bought my ZR5 new in 2002, and I loved it ever since. Normally I keep a car until the warranty runs out, this one I held onto for a few more years. It still has less than 41 thousand miles on it.
I will of course stop by here to read the very informative posts, and to see the legendary Henry-J
fix problems as he does, thanks for all the conversation and help Henry.

The new car, an H-3, so I kept it in the GM family.
Here is the new ride.

The Old Ride
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats on the new ride. I sure wish we had your snow, at least, once a year.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nice Ride! Your mileage was low as is your post count over the years. It is all about quality time with you, isn't it?
Let us know how the H3 works out. How about some details, engine, year, options.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

The only thing that H3 needs is some MT/R's and it will be complete. :)

How's the room in the back seat by the way? I like the H3 but I'm afraid it's just a little too small for us.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Thank you guys.
My H-3 is a 2008, it had under 15K miles on it when I bought it.
I had my Crew at the dealer getting the injectors replaced and they lent me a 2006 H-3, and that is when the love relationship started. I had that 2006 H-3 for three days and didn't want to return it. I made an offer that didn't work, so I found this one. It is a Base model with a sunroof and chrome package, and trailer package. These are full time AWD with a button for 4WD high and 4WD low. Mine has cloth seats non heated and everything is heavy duty.
The engine is a I5 3.7L DOHC 242HP, or 239 depending where you read the specs.Auto transmission, power windows, locks, remote.Power drivers seat only. I feel it has plenty of power, but most will complain that it is underpowered. Economy is close to the 4.3 of the crew cab. 265/75-16 Tires.
I love how you feel while in the drivers seat looking out at that huge hood (hiding that oh so powerful mill)Tons of comments on how bad is my gas mileage.I ask what size motor they think I have and most think a V8.
Well the Alpha H-3 offers a V8.
Oh, have you checked out the H3T?

My h-3 has plenty of rear seat room, more than I had in the crew, but of course that takes away from the cargo area, and I already miss my pick-up bed.
Turning radius is a pleasure, but I heard that is an improvement on the new crew cabs.

For those of you that would like snow, all I can say is that I love driving in it. The crew was a great snow handler, never a problem. My wife was afraid that the H-3 would not be as good in the snow as the crew cab.
Capt. Morgan
Crew
Crew

Post by Capt. Morgan »

Nice truck I dont think i will ever let my crew go thou the wife love ours and i do have to agree they are great in the snow. in my crew i took my wife mudding for her first time and i took the girls for their first time in mud. when i bought my crew it had about what yours has now. Now its just about 116,000 no real issues other than the rear end a while back (the whole "hog head" post) well congrats on the h3 very cool! 8) But i am still a big fan of the h1's prefer the military version the best mainly the mp turtle sheild version turbo :wink:
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Hey, when are you gonna lower it
and put some 24s with spinnaz???

Jus kiddin, of course....

kOOL looking new ride!
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have not thought about the original "keep on trucking" image since the jerk MPs at the entrance gate of Camp Lejune made me remove it from the rear window of my '69 Z-28 upon returning from my second tour.

Thanks for the memories! :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

No problem...we like to do what we can to help hurting
humanity and trucking is something that can bring home
whirled peas if given a chance!
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rockrz wrote:trucking is something that can bring home
whirled peas if given a chance!
ummmmmm, ooooooookkkkkkkkkkk
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Well, it could happen!

If we could get all world leaders driving and tweaking
S10 trucks, the world would be a much better place!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rockrz wrote:Well, it could happen!

If we could get all world leaders driving and tweaking
S10 trucks, the world would be a much better place!
Now I am getting minor flashbacks and wondering why my good friend on my left is "bogarting". :wink:
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I was just messin around and jokin...

I always tell folks that their lives would
be better if they got an S10...er at least
drive a GM product!

Gotta be a bowtie guy!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rockrz wrote:.........Gotta be a bowtie guy!
OK, thanks for explaining. I sincerely wish I felt the same way. Been basically bowtie since '65, but, am no longer that committed. I have not changed yet but, my options are wide open. I mean no offense but, with all of my unresolved disputes with GM, I am no longer a staunch supporter.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I never had a single dispute with GM...I just fork out
a few bux for parts and fix it!

But, on the other hand, I never buy new vehicles either. I always
buy a decent used one and get 'er all fixed up and I usually keep
'em for 5 to 8 years. I've rarely had any serious problems.

If I had spent a boat load of money and had problems,
I may have a different view...but since I don't do payments
I never went out and bought anything new.
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

The world of cars is so different from years ago, like from the sixties. I think competition meant something totally different.
Now days car manufacturer executives look at their cars as just product and keeping up with each other is the norm, no one can exceed the other. They judge everything by profit margin, and that's as good as it gets.
Back when Ford was Ford and GM was Gm, I could see owner loyalty, but they're all the same, and engineers from one car company get layed off and go to another car company and of course need a paycheck, so no loyalty there, and I certainly do not blame them.
When this last crisis started and the rumors of all the big three might merge, I had thoughts of how cars were manufactured in countries such as Russia, kind of a government run car company putting out a car, just a car, nothing more, nothing less. No competition, take it or leave it car.
It is scary times right now.

Oh, I talked to a few dealers as I was looking for my H3, and they all said they are slow, but still selling cars, people need to replace their old or broken cars/trucks so they were still in business.
Maybe things are worse for the media, or I should say through their eyes.
Yeah, 11 million people out of work is not good, but we all need to spend a little more money and get things going again.

After all, we gotta Keep on Truckin'
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Well, I've got alot of GM tshirts, ball caps,
and decals so I'm kinda stuck here :lol:
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Well, with a Saab and a Hummer, I'm still part of the GM Family.
I may miss my Crew Cab more than I'm willing to admit.
I do like the Hummer H3T.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

An Ht3 would be sweet I must say, but my crew is paid for and the payments on one would kill me. How is the view from the H3, any bad blind spots compared to the crew?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

There are blind spots in the H3 compared to the Crew.The H3 does sit high and it does give me a little better ride.
I don't have the instrumentation I had with the Crew, no alternator or oil pres. gauge.
Much better turning radius tho.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would pick up a ScanGuageII to get your gauges back and then some, well worth the money. I managed to snag my last one at JC Whitney with a regular price of $159.99, 15% off coupon and a $50 merchandise card.
I was surprised when I realized my 4 door Tahoe had a tighter turn radius than the crew and was 6 inches shorter. Since I think the H3 is built on the Tahoe platform I how it would maneuver better.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

H3's are basically the Canyon/Colorado platform tweaked. H2's are Suburban platforms tweaked.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I knew it was one or the other.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

04crewvt wrote:An Ht3 would be sweet I must say
No doubt...those look like very nice trucks!
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

I've told the dealer if he gets a low mileage H3T in on trade to call me, this was as I was getting in my H3 for the very first time as the new owner. Here I was just picking it up and talking about trading it in.
Yep, the frame from the Canyon/Colorado are close to the H3.
I really like the ride I get, you should try it out when you get a chance. The I5 cylinder is plenty powerful for me for the times I need the H3. The windows look like mail slots from the outside, but because the seating arrangement inside gives plenty of view out the side and through the mirrors. The difficult viewing I would say is over the left shoulder, and directly behind. I have no problems as I can use the three mirrors as I back up, but the problem may exist for some. Looking over the hood as you drive this beast gives you the feeling you are in some sort of armored car or tank, and you do have a feeling of driving over anything that gets in your way. The all wheel drive is nice, as you guys know with the Crew( in 2wd) leaving a stop light or just going up a hill and applying just a tad to much throttle you can get the back tire spinning, even with limited slip as I had. I don't miss that. The H3 handles like a sports car, and unfortunately I'm a bit daring with it and not afraid to stuff it into the twisties, but I did that with the Crew also.
Like I say, I miss my pick-up bed, no question.
The H3 is a welcome edition to my life, and I want to thank you guys for excepting that and not giving me a hard time because that is what I chose. I feel as welcome here as I do on the actual Hummer forum, but like I said, we are all part of the GM Family.
Talk Soon.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Okay, I have been warm and fuzzy long enough here. Back to my usually obnoxious self. :wink:
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

anvil wrote:Like I say, I miss my pick-up bed, no question.
Eh, getcha a trailer! :lol:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Gots to get a closeup of that there bumper sticker or no one will get it. It gets a bit fuzzy when zoomed in upon.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

You could always buy another one just like it and scan it into your
computer with your scanner so you'll have a handy digital copy
to use anytime you need it.

What's it say?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

PM'ed it to him
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

04crewvt wrote:PM'ed it to him
That's a good one!

Did they offer an optional one that
said mother instead of sister?

If anyone ever needs to make custom bumper stickers,
or tshirts, check out http://www.Zazzle.com

I just ordered a tshirt that I designed to check them
out, and the quality is very good so I'd think their
bumper stickers are good quality as well.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:Gots to get a closeup of that there bumper sticker or no one will get it. It gets a bit fuzzy when zoomed in upon.
Okay :wink:

Apology offered in advance.