Bodylift, It's ordered. (update)

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bodylift, It's ordered. (update)

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

Well I have taken the first step in lifting my truck. I ordered the PA body lift. The Bilsteins and rear spring kit will be next. I hope to have it completed by May. I'm trying to be patient and get the parts as money will allow. Finding extra side work is the hard part. Funny thing. I'm worried and excited about doing this. The excitement out weighs the worry I guess. :lol: Other than the motorcycle this is the only vehicle I own so it gets driven alot. I need moral support. :cry: Should I leave it like it is and continue to feel like the neighbors Buick sets up higher than my 4x4. :x Or say "Squash the neighbors Buick!!" :twisted: and quite possibly have the only lifted CC in Franklin, Tn? :rock: Thanks for the :rant: Shutting up now.
Jeff
Last edited by YellowCrewCabber on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Go for it man! Read through the instructions a few times for the body lift before actually doing it. It will seem like it's difficult from the small pictures in the instructions, but when you actually get around to doing it, it is quite simple! Give yourself two days just incase you run into any complications, but you really shouldn't. It helps to have air tools, some penetrating spray (PB blaster), and a set of both metric and regular sockets. Have a friend give you a hand, it makes the job a lot easier and quicker! You'll love it when its all done.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
OpieOnCrack
Regular
Regular

Post by OpieOnCrack »

My goal is to be taller than mywife's Volvo SUV. The body lift should do it this weekend. Already did the shackles and torsion bar crank. 33" tires in the near future will definately get me taller...lol
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The BL install really isn't all that bad, plus you have a lot of people here that will help you if you do run into any trouble or just have some questions. :D

Steve
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Search around here for the advice threads from those that have done installs too. That will save bumming rides to the local parts store to get any tools you don't have...like I had to do when I needed an 18" socket extension to get at the bed mount bolt on the driver's side near the fuel tank.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

AZS10Crew wrote:Search around here for the advice threads from those that have done installs too. That will save bumming rides to the local parts store to get any tools you don't have...like I had to do when I needed an 18" socket extension to get at the bed mount bolt on the driver's side near the fuel tank.
Ah ha, I do have a 24" 1/2" drive extension. Lucky me it was a freebie. I always new it would be needed some day. :lol: What size are the body mount bolts?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:Search around here for the advice threads from those that have done installs too. That will save bumming rides to the local parts store to get any tools you don't have...like I had to do when I needed an 18" socket extension to get at the bed mount bolt on the driver's side near the fuel tank.
Ah ha, I do have a 24" 1/2" drive extension. Lucky me it was a freebie. I always new it would be needed some day. :lol: What size are the body mount bolts?
Not sure off the top of my head...the instructions with the kit will tell you. Probably something metric. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

AZS10Crew wrote:
YellowCrewCabber wrote:
Not sure off the top of my head...the instructions with the kit will tell you. Probably something metric. :lol:
No kidding? They are metric?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

yea on the s10's they are mixed metric and standard
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

BobbleSmitty wrote:...and a set of both metric and regular sockets.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

raven2510 wrote:yea on the s10's they are mixed metric and standard
Could you give a specific fastener that is standard? Not doubting you, I just have not come across one yet.
A heep requires more freaking tools than you can imagine and I am still buying oddball tools to do simple crap to it. :x
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

f9k9 wrote:
Could you give a specific fastener that is standard? Not doubting you, I just have not come across one yet.
A heep requires more freaking tools than you can imagine and I am still buying oddball tools to do simple crap to it. :x
yea tell my about it...i have lots of tools im only gonna use once
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Maybe the trucks that have some SAE bolts were built on a Monday or Friday. :shrug:
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

The spark plugs and the lug nuts, right?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Definitely not the lug nuts but, you may have me on the plugs!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I know the stupid bracket on the passenger side of the tranny that holds what I think was the brake lines (maybe cooler lines)has a metric nut and standard bolt (or vice-versa) on the same bracket. They're small and hard to get at too...had to use small ignition wrenches. That bracket was the source of a few choice words during my body lift experience.
[size=75]Mark
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:..........That bracket was the source of a few choice words during my body lift experience.
I did the BL with Top_sgt and I know he used one off my craftsman small ratchet wrenches (only ones I own) on the nut. I do not think it even slowed us down. There are some common "X.5 MM" sizes out there. X = I cannot name them off the top of my head. I really not recall ever use a standard size tool on my S-10 except for the possibility of the plugs.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Sorry to "bust your bubble" Reed but plugs are also given in metric. Just happens as with a few other sizes that certain inch sockets are the same size or at least close enough to fit.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The "VW bible" (How to keep your Volkswagen alive, A manual of step by step procedures for the compleat idiot, by John Muir) has a great list of what sizes are very close to the same in both systems.
5/16" (8mm), 7/16" (11mm), 1/2" (13mm) , 9/16" (14mm), 5/8" (16mm), 3/4" (19mm)

Wrench size conversion chart

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:Sorry to "bust your bubble" Reed but plugs are also given in metric. Just happens as with a few other sizes that certain inch sockets are the same size or at least close enough to fit.
No bubble busted or I would have not said
f9k9 wrote:.......except for the possibility of the plugs...........
:wink:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hey Reed! It's all good. Just pokin at ya.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

No problem here either, Bro. I am having to much fun stirring the pot elsewhere. :lol:
Heepers just trip all over their pride. I am a mental pipsqueak! Barch would eat these guys alive and not even burp! This was just over trying to post the current discount codes for RockAuto.com up to date.
f9k9 wrote:
MudweiserXJ wrote:...........What exactly do you mean prove you wrong? Where did anyone question what you posted? :roll:
You did by by questioning the traction ability of my soap box. I offered you a dinner to put it up for us to see and to prove me wrong. Just do it for us or let this die a natural death!
I offered a steak dinner to this dude if, he would name someone who has taken advantage of the discount and posted up afterward. Maybe now you guys will appreciate HenryJ's efforts.
Last edited by F9K9 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:No problem here either, Bro. I am having to much fun stirring the pot elsewhere. :lol:
Heepers just trip all over their pride. I am a mental pipsqueak!
I have been frequenting the TW200forum. WHAT A MESS! It is getting better now that there is a moderator, but his power is limited with an absentee admin.
Really childish behavior. Outright rude and profane posts. One member is going back over 800 posts and deleting his. They have a guy who has at least five different alias who is a real problem child.
What a shame. There are a few really knowledgeable people and a wealth of information. As bad as it has ever been here, is has never come within a mile of what I have seen.
You have no idea how much I value the community we have here!
Thank you all.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:...................................You have no idea how much I value the community we have here!
Thank you all.
You got it all mixed but, Dude! We thank you and Laurie and Tach for allowing you to help us all so much!
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

f9k9 wrote:
HenryJ wrote:...................................You have no idea how much I value the community we have here!
Thank you all.
You got it all mixed but, Dude! We thank you and Laurie and Tach for allowing you to help us all so much!
Yeah HenryJ, Thank you. :thumb:
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Got the PA kit yesterday. Have read the instructions a couple of times. Probably will read them a few more times. Not sure if I have the front bumper brackets....Anyone have any off vehicle pics?
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The front bumper uses blocks and those plates for the side braces.

- ThunderII KE7CSK