New guy, just got my crew cab

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New guy, just got my crew cab

Post by BikerBoomer »

I cant find a newbie forum if you have one, so ill just post it here.

Im boomer from michigan, and here is a bit about me-

I have been into the tuner scene for a long time, i have had 4 imports, a 1995 eagle talon tsi turbo fwd auto, a 1996 Mitsubishi eclipse tsi turbo fwd automatic, 2003.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege turbo fwd 5speed stick shift, and most recently a 2003 Subaru WRX turbo awd 5speed stick shift.

after the wrx im hooked on 4wd, so when i bought my motorcycle (1985 Ninja zx600, aka 600r) and needed a truck to haul it with, i went s10 shopping, they are small, cheap and look sweet.

I found myself a 2003 s10 Crew Cab ZR5 with 85k on it at my local dealer. SO now im selling the wrx and making room for my new crew cab.

I have modified all my previous cars, but plan to keep the zr5 relativly stock, maybe an exhaust or intake, some wheels or something, maybe a hood or brush guard with some lights on it. but nothing like i have done with my previous cars. I picked it up as a DD and its going to be a fun little dd.

I don't know much about trucks but i think i made the right choice with the zr5. it came with nice window tint and a locking trailer hitch.

Here is my truck- pics are from the dealer, not one scratch on it

And here is my bike-, several scratches on it, but its getting painted soon.
I have bigger pictures but the are 130k so i dont want to post pics that big- so here is are 2 links-

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/ ... 1227564252

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/ ... 1227564252
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:wave: Welcome aboard!

If you decide to change wheels I don't think you will have a problem selling the stock ZR5 wheels as they are still pretty popular.

Look around here and I think you will find all the popular issues with these trucks. If you are going to haul that bike, check out the tailgate cables. There is an inspection procedure and replacement information.
Changing coolant would be tops on the list as would be checking out the transfercase switch.

I think you will enjoy the truck. I know I like mine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

Just for refrance here are all the rides that i have been through.-
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 8_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 3_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 0_full.jpg

Stock engine-

When i got done with it, its red, not pink.-
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 0_full.jpg

Different intercooler pipes-

100k limit for posted images-HJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the board! Makes me want my '92 Laser AWD turbo back. It was a blast. I sent it off with an ex live-in in '01 with 100k on the odometer. Just a clutch and one fan motor in 10 yrs. Oh and the recommended timing belt at 70K.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Welcome- Good luck on keeping the mods to a minimum there are too many cool things we have done and still want to do, most of us have a list a mile long waiting for the right time and the money.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Welcome on. I live about 20 east of Lansing. I bought my first Crewcab from Sundance in 01.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

DLP wrote:Welcome on. I live about 20 east of Lansing. I bought my first Crewcab from Sundance in 01.
Oh yeah? im out at msu right now taking classes there, you live in Okemos? or some other outskirt, im from the Waverly/grand ledge area.

You go to any events or anything like that?
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

No events. My daughtor is in collage at LCC. We live in Morrice/Perry area towards Flint. Nice looking toys.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

another Michigander! wow all of a sudden the mitten is filling up on here!!

welcome from Cadillac, MI. I frequent the Lansing area. My fiance lives in Lansing and I'll be moving down there next summer. My sister and brother in law live in Grand Ledge too.

Everyone's story on here starts off the same. "I just picked up a nice DD and I plan to keep it stock....." :lol:

Welcome to the site and you'll find a wealth of info here, great people who know just about everything there is to know about these great little trucks.
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

ha, i did a search for extended fuel distance and i found a cool topic about axillary gas tanks, i might be doing that, but i dont want to lose my zr5 bars, so i might have to do the one where the spare tire is, we will see.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Hey Boomer, There's about a million and one things to discover about CCs. I like the look of my bed rails on my '02 ZR5 and won't remove them, but FYI they are useless as tie downs. They are screwed on from under the bed rail and won't hold anything over a couple of pounds. Just keep reading and asking and you will be hooked to S-10CrewCab.com for what seems like a daily injection of information and online friends. Chuck 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Congrats on the ride! The 4.3 engines are about the best V-6 out there, light and allot of grunt, perfect for trucks, and last forever. The front axle/suspension setup is about the most sucky part. But if you just use it for the road, that's no problem. I bought mine new in 2001, but have used it a bit harder than what it was designed for, but have plenty of fun with it.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

quickbiker wrote:Congrats on the ride! The 4.3 engines are about the best V-6 out there, light and allot of grunt, perfect for trucks, and last forever. The front axle/suspension setup is about the most sucky part. But if you just use it for the road, that's no problem. I bought mine new in 2001, but have used it a bit harder than what it was designed for, but have plenty of fun with it.
you have any pics of your bike in your truck???? i see your name is quick biker so i assume you have a bike, if not, then thats cool.

im going to be using my truck for dd, and to pull my pwc and take my bike to the track for fun, although the bike would be cheaper to drive, i cant tow a camper behind the bike, lol. Ill have some fun pics from this summer of me and the cc and the 600cc, ha.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Well, it's been a while, but I did have a quick bike, old school quick, it was a 90 Harley XLH. I bought it new and beefed up the engine pretty good. I sold it last year after 17 years of very hard riding. The bike got to scaring me too much for a DD, cause it was hard to not ride it hard. So now I am relaxed on an 07 Harley FXSTB, bone stock, and enjoying the ride. I ride it daily in the summer, but stuck riding my truck in the winter. :?

Here is a pic of my quick days, on the far side:

And more pics.

Pics of it last year before I sold it on ebay (sniff)
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Boomer. My friends own Baker Drivetrain. They are about 10 min east of East Lansing. They are a major bike transmission builder. I am sure you have heard of them. Just an FYI.
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

DLP wrote:Boomer. My friends own Baker Drivetrain. They are about 10 min east of East Lansing. They are a major bike transmission builder. I am sure you have heard of them. Just an FYI.
Yeah i have heard of them, but they do mostly HD stuff, and my bike is a jap Piece of crap. But when i get my HD sportser im sure ill be over there getting work done on it. Do you know if they do anything for Jap bikes? or just stuff like ther website says? They seem like pretty good mechanics, so id emagine if i brought in the parts they would be willing to install stuff.

Thanks for the heads up on it though, if/when i need trans work done ill be sure to go to them.