Hey all; Newbie from mid-Michigan

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Shooter
Regular
Regular

Hey all; Newbie from mid-Michigan

Post by Shooter »

Hi all; I am new to this site, but not new to s-10's. This crew is my second dime, my first was a 1988 Gmc s-15. I used to be a member of mys-10.com but that site no longer exists. I ran across this site and I think I will stay, as so far I have been looking through the threads and have read alot of great advise.

I have put some time into my crew, and it appears I have to spend a little more to get the pre cat taken off, but here is the stats so far.

K&N intake
Throttle plate taken off
NKG Plugs, with Taylor wires

Billet grill with billet bowtie
clear corners
Truck color tow hooks,
door guards,
mirrors, and debadged most of the truck
Truck color step bars and rails on a painted fiberglass cover
Those goofy looking euro taillights that I painted truck color
All handles painted
Flames down the side ( hard to see from a pic)

Verde chrome wheels
with 30/9.5/15 Mastercraft tires
Magna flow cat
Gibson muffler

Inside I have an Alpine 9825 deck
MB Quart premium 4.5 components in the dash
MB Quart 6.5 components in the front door
OZ Audio 6.5 components in the rear door
Orion 5 channel amp behind the rear seat, on a
hinged door, for maintinance.
A cheap Sony 8" sub in a box that I made which is
behind the seat as well

I will try and post a few pics of it and my street rod once I read how you guys do it on this site.
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

I think I can get the pics now that I have read the sticky

The first is my truck, which is a newer pic of it.
The 2, and 3 pic are my other toy. It is a 1940 with a chevy nova front clip out of a 1976 4 door, front steer. The rear is a ford 9 in. the motor and tranny are chevy as well 350 bored 40 and a 350 tranny. Enclave seats in the front and Jag seats in the rear, custom made console. This car is nearing paint ready, and I cant wait to get it on the road next late spring.

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The Crew Cab is cool and all, however the project car looks like a lot more fun! 8)

What model is your 1940?

Steve
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

It's a "cough" Dodge business coupe. I have always been a chevy man, but when I saw this in the weeds,at a used car lot, without too much rust, I had to have it. It will be completely smoothed out, and power everything, even the hood panels, and the trunk lid. This car is normally a two seater,just to give you an idea of the work so far.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

hey what part of Michigan are you from? I'm from Cadillac. Nice looking truck and project car you've got there. you'll find a wealth of knowledge here and friendly folks ready to help.

Welcome and enjoy your stay :D
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

Greenville. South of you about 70 miles. My family is from Leroy, love your area of the state. I get up there a few times a year. I used to live in Manton, when I was a kid. Thanks for the props on my rides, I am buying paint this week for my streetrod, Yeehaa!! :D :D
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

what years did you live in Manton, my dad's side of the family grew up there. Know any Dontje's? that's us!! lol, small world
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

We lived up there in the early 70's. Can't say as I remember anybody up there, except some Powell's and some Seigers. Small world no doubt. It's about time I got back up your way for deer season. You hunt?
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

My son and I were riding quads in Manton Saturday.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

I'll bet it was a perfect day for that. It must be getting cold up there now. Course I'm a flatlander now, and anything less than 35 degrees is cold to me.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

yep, we'll all be headed back that way come the middle of November. My dad was born in 1950 and he had 5 brothers born after him anywhere from 1951 to 1960.

DLP do you ride quads out north and east of Manton on the state land trails. That's right out where we hunt. We've been hunting the same land for over 50 years.

Supposed to get the first snowfall of the year tonight....got a little freezing/slushy rain last night and today. Should cool down and get the deer all pumped up for the rut
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Ya that's about where we ride. The trail system is called Missaukee North just north of Manton. Than it's Missaukee South over towards Higgins Lake. I have a cabin in Sharon. It's a ghost town about 15 miles south-east of Kalkaska. I use to do a lot of bear hunting just north of Cadillac.

Bring on the snow! It was hailing here today.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

Welcome from another Michigan member.

I am in East Lansing for school, and when I am not out here I live in Holland.

If you are ever in the areas, hit me up!
Shooter
Regular
Regular

Post by Shooter »

Thanks bro. GO STATE man, I'm a fan of the green and white. My street rod club is in Dewitt, which I go once a month for the meetings. Throughout the summer we go to the ice cream shop on campus, as an after cruise treat.