New Member From Michigan

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Kevin S

New Member From Michigan

Post by Kevin S »

Hey Guys I just wanted to stop and say hello. I just joined a few days ago, but have been too busy to post until now.

My name is Kevin, I'm from Holland Michigan, go to school at Michigan State University and I drive a 2001 Blazer ZR2. I am not new to forums - I have been a regular poster on ZR2USA for about 2 years now, and I was just made an Admin too! Anyways I joined because HenryJ is always posting links to good write-ups and what not over on ZR2USA, and I found out that you all have a lot of good info here too.

Enough about me, here is my Blazer

It was 100% bone stock when I got it back in October 2006 with 62,xxx on the odometer. That did not last long at all. :lol:

This is what I have done to it, in no particular order. I hope I don't forget much. http://www.zr2usa.com/mboard/index.php?showtopic=28556

Exterior
Aluminum Front Skid Plate
Billet Grille
Turn signal blackouts
Black Chevy Emblem
Fully De-Emblemed
LED's in corner markers
Blacked-out Taillights
Added the factory fog lights
55W Pilot Driving Lights mounted in valence
Silverstar high beam bulbs in high and low beam spot
Vent Shades

Suspension/Lift
2.375" Knaffle Shackles
7/8" TB Crank

Engine
Swissed Air Box
March Underdrive Pullies
Magnaflow 3" In/Out Highflow cat
Flo-Pro VForce Muffler 3" In/Out
Pre-cat deleted
3" Pipe from the Y-Pipe back

Interior/Audio
Alpine CDA9853
iPod/mp3 direct connect
Infinity Reference Dash Speakers
Pioneer Door Speakers
3 10" JL Audio Subs in a JL Powerwedge box
800 Watt Sony amp

Wheels/Tires
31x10.50R15 Interco Trxus M/T's
1.25" Rear Wheel spacers
Painted Chevy Emblems in Centercaps Red

Drivetrain

Synergy Offroad Heavy Duty Front Drive Shaft

I have also done some other little things, such as repaint the tire carrier, the hitch (yearly) and probably a few other things that I can't remember.

I'm still not close to done with it, but then again who is ever done with their vehicle? :lol:
I actually had my Recon Line of Fire come in yesterday, just have not had time to install it.
Some of the things I want to do still include:
Tint
Knaffle Sliders,
Get a CB in there
ZR5 Rims
Goodmark Cowl Hood
Audio Upgrade - New Component speakers all around, new larger subs, lots of dynamat, etc.
EFI Live
Synergy Offroad Hidden Winch Mount
Some sort of pre-runner. I'll have to go visit Knaffle for that one :D

I'll be honest - I do baby my truck a bit. Well, I guess a lot. I slacked off a lot this summer though. It used to get washed 2-3 times a week, waxed once a month, interor fully steamcleaned monthly, etc. But this summer I was a lot busier, girlfriend took up time, etc. Oh well.

But don't worry - I'm not afraid to get it dirty :D

Badlands March 1st 2008
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299 ... IM1114.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299 ... C00751.jpg
Silver Lake (only about 1 hour from me)
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299 ... G_2501.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299 ... G_2508.jpg

For the most part I will probably be more of a lurker, but I'll post now and then.

Hope You like the Blazer.

P.S. Any of you from Michigan or the Midwest area??
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:wave: Welcome aboard!
That is a good looking BlaZer!

(I linked your pictures. We have a 100k forum limit for images. Free server bandwidth, dial-up friendly and all that stuff from the Information Forum.)

I did see that you were made an Admin, next door. congrats! ... or maybe condolences are in order? ;)

Resize a couple pictures and you can add your self to our reader's rides thread. Don't forget a shot of yourself to add to the names to faces thread too.

Feel free to link, copy, or steal any information from here to add to ZR2USA. It is all about spreading the information around. Glad you took the time to share here too. Thanx.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

HenryJ wrote::wave: Welcome aboard!
That is a good looking BlaZer!

(I linked your pictures. We have a 100k forum limit for images. Free server bandwidth, dial-up friendly and all that stuff from the Information Forum.)

I did see that you were made an Admin, next door. congrats! ... or maybe condolences are in order? ;)

Resize a couple pictures and you can add your self to our reader's rides thread. Don't forget a shot of yourself to add to the names to faces thread too.

Feel free to link, copy, or steal any information from here to add to ZR2USA. It is all about spreading the information around. Glad you took the time to share here too. Thanx.
:O

Sorry about the picture guys. I even read the rules here too. I guess I just forgot/ am used to the automatic re-sizing over on ZR2USA. I feel especially bad since I am an admin and I know whats its like to have to do that work! Sorry Man.

I'll think I'll just leave them linked. They still work fine so its no big deal.

I didn't even see the "Names to faces thread". I don't think I have even posted my mug on ZR2USA! :lol:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome to the forum Kevin S. :wave:

Nice to see a fellow ZR2 owner over here. 8)

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

NP with me on the photos. We are just a small forum on a server that is provided by a particularly great former Crew Cab owner. You know HenryJ from next door and I hope you know that you are welcome here.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Welcome on neighbor. I am about 20 min east of East Lansing. You ever need anything over on this side of the state holler. My daughtor is going to school in E L too.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
brandons4door
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by brandons4door »

Welcome from a slightly distant nieghbor. I'm in northern michigan (marquette), or as we call it just 8 short hours from downtown. :lol: Nice to meet you Kevin :D
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'm not too far away in Indiana...Plymouth to be precise...about 30 minutes south of South Bend. We've got some friends (who are MSU alums) in south Haven too.

Your Spartans better beat the snot out of ND this weekend! 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

howdy from Cadillac, MI.

my fiance just graduated from MSU and I'll most likely be moving to Lansing next year. That's a good looking blaZR you have there. Take care of it, you know what Michigan Winters will do! Nice to have you on here...sometimes I get lonely in the Mitten, lol!
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

DLP wrote:Welcome on neighbor. I am about 20 min east of East Lansing. You ever need anything over on this side of the state holler. My daughtor is going to school in E L too.
Nice! There are a lot of ZR2 members from Michigan too, we should all try and get together sometime and do some wheeling or just hanging out. What year is your daughter?
AZS10Crew wrote:I'm not too far away in Indiana...Plymouth to be precise...about 30 minutes south of South Bend. We've got some friends (who are MSU alums) in south Haven too.

Your Spartans better beat the snot out of ND this weekend! 8)
Done! :D
bwenny247 wrote:howdy from Cadillac, MI.

my fiance just graduated from MSU and I'll most likely be moving to Lansing next year. That's a good looking blaZR you have there. Take care of it, you know what Michigan Winters will do! Nice to have you on here...sometimes I get lonely in the Mitten, lol!
Ugh I hate Michigan winters. The first winter I had it, I washed it off at the quarter place every week, sometimes more. Then last winter, I actually had it in storage, but as luck would have it I got into an accident in my dads car. I was taking it to the parts store to change the oil and some jackass rear-ended me and the car got totaled. I had to pull my truck out so my parents both had a car to get to and from work. I didn't want to, but their jobs take priority over storing my truck!

Let me know if you move to Lansing!