Someone else decided to make a few modifications to my ride.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Someone else decided to make a few modifications to my ride.

Post by Walt »

Yep... decision wasn't mine really. Another guy just happened along and insisted that the modifcations be made...

Pics are below.

EDIT: My head's hurting too much right now to post real pics besides the link. Anyways, other guy was fine. He went through a stop sign, and broad-sided me. My truck went into a ditch, hit something, and flipped, coming to rest upside down. No one was with me or the other guy, and we're both ok for the most part. I have a mild concussion, and a tender right side of my head. Truck is totalled of course. Guy never hit his brakes. He was probably going 30-35 mph, and I was on the main raid going 45-50. Guess it was a good thing it was raining, otherwise I'd have been going 55-65 on that road. I had my seat belt on.

If I hadn't had my seat belt on, the force of the truck flipping would have probably sent me out a window. After everything settled, I was able to push against the ceiling to unbuckle myself, force open the driver's door to get out.

Worse part is, I'd just rather have my truck back the way it was than get something else newer. :(
CIMG9829.JPG
CIMG9831.JPG
CIMG9839.JPG
CIMG9841.JPG
Last edited by Walt on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Omigawd Walt!!! Sure hope my CC never looks like that! Also hope you and any passengers are okay??
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Hope everyone is OK. I learned just how valuable seat belts and air bags are about 3 years ago when I was hit head on. I'm a firm believer in them now!
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Dayem Walt, I hope you are okay!!!!

On a side note, don't let that rear passenger SKIDZ flare get gone :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

OMG! That is horrible. There is not a straight panel on that truck.
Looks like the passenger compartment held up pretty well. Nice that the drivers seat still had some head room.

I hope you get enough out of it to start new. Sadly the book value may not be enough to move to a Canyon , Colorado or Avalanche.
Parts are not going to be there to get back to exactly what you had. Even if you were to find a nice low miles crew cab. I do not envy your predicament.

Let us know what you get for your truck. Be sure to round up all the receipts for the improvements and parts you added recently. Those may add some value to the vehicle.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad to hear you are OK. I would not have guessed that from the pictures.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Holy Crap !!! Glad you are alive to take photos.
Buy it back from the insurance company for $100 and strip that baby for the next one you pick up.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

That my friend, is messed up! Glad you are ok.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Oh man, what a waste of a nice truck but darn glad you still with us. I show these kind of pics to my 27 & 24 yr old sons all the time cause they have a bad habit of no seat belts. Glad you OK Walt. And yes, that good rear flare would give me a complete set! :D
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Sadly... that rear flare isn't so good. I was looking at it earlier and there are several large cracks on the lip where it screws to the bed. There's also a 3" chunk missing from the lip aswell. :( Not really sure where any receipts are, or if I have any. I haven't really done anything to the truck in forever. Guess they'll have to take my word for some stuff. I'll be getting my Alpine head unit and my amp/subs out in the morning. Odly enough, except for one large dent on the nerf bar on the driver's side, both nerf bars seem to be in fair condition. The mounts are trashed though. If anyone's interested, I can give you the phone number for the salvage yard it's going to. We're in the process of moving, so getting and holding on to something that large would be a major pain right now.

On another sad note, the family really needs a minivan right now. Moreso than I need a truck. So I'll probably be driving my wife's 98 Accord for a good while. The truck would've been paid for in January...

Thanks for all the concern guys. I'll look over things tomorrow and see if there's anything else worth saving. The bed cover itself might be ok.
--Walt
NO CLUE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by NO CLUE »

glad to hear you are ok. sorry about the truck.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am pretty sure we had another good member go the way of the mini van. No shame in that.
...well maybe a little. Are you sure she wouldn't be more comfortable in an Avalanche? ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:...............Are you sure she wouldn't be more comfortable in an Avalanche? ;)
HJ, this is about the 20th reference to the Avalanches you have made in the last few years. Get yerself another IFS GM rig :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Still happy where I am. One of the local PD runs a lifted black Avalanche that is pretty sweet though.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Still happy where I am. One of the local PD runs a lifted black Avalanche that is pretty sweet though.
Start another thread out of respect for our sore sleepy mate and include a photo of said Avalanche, in question :wink:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Well... after our third addition (baby girl born June 4th of this year), we felt that we needed something bigger. We've pretty much ruled out SUV's or large trucks, as we want easy accessibility.

And yes... I've seen quite a few of the new body-style avalache's running around... very nice... :)
--Walt
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Sorry bout the truck. Glad to hear all survived okay. No shame in a mini-van. I've owned one for 16 yrs now among several other vehicles. It's got 335k on it now and still runs like a champ on original motor and tranny. One set of head gaskets. Other than that no major drivetrain repairs.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
brandons4door
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by brandons4door »

Thank god all are ok. IMHO it takes a real man to drive a mini van when he knows that is what is best for his family. Hope the head aches are subsiding.
turkeestalker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by turkeestalker »

First and foremost is the fact that you came out of this virtually safe and sound. Judging from the photos, things could have gone very differently, and I know that we are all grateful they did not.
Secondly, I am sorry for your loss. Though I've not owned my CC for long, I've grown very fond of her.
Third, I spotted this ( http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/734923827.html ) a week or so back on craigslist, thought the price sounded pretty good. Just thought I'd pass it on.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

My internet went down Wednesday night due to a storm so I am just seeing this. Glad to hear your OK Walt. Sorry to see that you truck was so wasted. Did you take the hit in the driver side bed area? What was the other guy driving?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

The other vehicle was a 1995 Chevy Blazer. He hit me in the driver's side backdoor/front bed area. We're moving closer to the in-laws so that I can go back to college, so I'll probably be driving whatever I can get my hands on for the next two years. My wife will be enjoying a minivan she's been wanted for a while now.
--Walt
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Have you consulted with a good attorney?

He might be able to file a lawsuit and get alot more than the value of your truck...which would enable you to actually go out an buy another truck like you had.

You know, all that pain n sufferin ought to be worth something.
Those lawyers know the legal jargon I'm talkin about.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

brandons4door wrote: IMHO it takes a real man to drive a mini van when he knows that is what is best for his family.
How about a hot rod van?
I love my van :hide:
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Is it packin a HEMI??? :shock:
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

We,ve had a 02 Pontiac Montana for about 5 years, and the only things done to it have been intake gasket set, rear shocks, and two sets of tires. I like it, but my wife tolerates it but would probably like something else. The 16 yr old twins don't think that it is cool at all. We'll see after they start driving.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Someone else decided to make a few modifications to my r

Post by Walt »

I may not win the award for resurrecting the oldest dead thread, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. :rock: With the 10 year anniversary of my CrewCab "trade in" coming up, I've been feeling a bit sentimental.... I guess I'll continue the story where the thread left off in July of 2008.

In August, after haggling with the insurance company, they paid me about 15% above fair market value on the truck. It was almost paid off... yay. Soooo..... remember the minivan I mentioned? My lifted 2001 S-10 CrewCab 4x4 turned in to a maroon.... I don't think I can say it... ehh.... lets go slowly here... C H R Y S L E R... that was painful... T O W N & C O U N T R Y... It was incredibly depressing. But atleast the wife was happy, and we could haul all our kids in the same vehicle with their car seats. :lol: My consolation prize was my wife's 1998 Honda Accord... that she got when she graduated high school.

The kept the Chrysl.... I can't say it again. We kept that irritating pregnant rollerskate until 2012. Then we bought a 2009 Honda Pilot. Surprisingly it had more room than the... thing we bought before. I'm still driving the wife's 1998 Honda Accord... that she got when she graduated high school. Oh yea, baby girl #4 came along in January of 2012.

Fast forward to early 2013. A deer totals the Honda Accord. I can't say I was sad to see it go. I finally got my hands on a truck! A 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. Work truck. Single Cab, long wheel base. I loved it. Got 11 mpg on a good day, but my work commute was only 10 miles. First thing I did was put my Alpine HU, amps, speakers, and subs from my CC in the Silverado.

I took a new job at the beginning of 2014. The commute was 70 miles, one way. My faithful Chevy truck took me there and back for a short while, but I became very good friends with the employees of our local gas station. In February of 2014 I got a really good deal on a 2013 Impala. It was a program car, and had low miles. Boy would it fly!

Moving on to 2017. We traded in the 2009 Honda Pilot... I hated that thing... maybe I'm old school, or just out of touch, but I just can't get my head around front wheel drive only in a SUV. I know, the Pilot isn't a true SUV. It's a taller, fatter Honda Accord. Anyhoo, now for the good part. We bought a 2014 GMC Yukon XL. I'm in love. But it's my wife's. But I still drive it whenever I can. Now we can finally go on a trip and not have to pull a trailer, or use one of those roof top cargo carriers!

Arriving at today, June 20, 2018. My third little girl (out of 4) was born on June 4, so we just celebrated her 10th birthday. She was less than two months old when I "traded" the CC. I'm still driving an ungodly distance to work. The Impala has 230K miles on it and is still going strong. We're still in love with the Yukon XL. And I still have the old faithful pickup.

So there you have it. 10 years. Seems like a lifetime ago that I was joining the group purchase for Skidz Flares, or trimming my fenders with a sawzall and lots of prayer, or fixing a step bar that decided to come off while I was driving down the highway... wait, I don't think I ever told you guys about that one! :roflmao:

Lots of good memories because of that CrewCab pickup.

EDIT: I fixed the link to the pics of the wreck in case anyone wants to see.
--Walt
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Someone else decided to make a few modifications to my r

Post by HenryJ »

Cool trip down memory lane :) thx

- ThunderII KE7CSK